Ultrex turns two years old

My Ultrex turns two next week, I've had it for 23 months with no issues.
    Should it be removed and let the trolling motor shop I bought it from go through it?

2. Member
    Why?
    2015 189 trx

3. Scraps
    I've cause myself lots of problems with this line of thinking. Just saying. I would look it over myself, maybe take some things apart, clean it, and keep going. I remember how I stimulated some aggravation years ago when I just had to do some maintenance (later proven to be unnecessary) on those Ranger COOL hubs. My saying, if it ain't broken, don't break it.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Saw on here couple months ago that Minn Koto are giving another year of warrany making three years now.

5. Member
    Yes, you have a 3yr warranty. If nothings wrong, I would keep running it, but would look at the mount pivots and make sure the bushings are still OK
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Why? Just thought that some of the components have been changed from a few posts I've seen.
    It ain't broke, true, my experience has been great with it so far.
    Nice of MK to throw in another year, hope I don't have to use it for a break down.
    Not sure where or what or where mount pivots and bushing are, is this what the main carriage pivots on to lower and fold back on the deck?

7. Member
    The Pivots are on both sides of the mount, yes, where it pivots. Remove the side plates and you can get access to them. Some of the problems with the first units was steering cables and steering pressure control board. Depending on when yours was manufactured would depend on if these parts needs changed.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    The Pivots are on both sides of the mount, yes, where it pivots. Remove the side plates and you can get access to them. Some of the problems with the first units was steering cables and steering pressure control board. Depending on when yours was manufactured would depend on if these parts needs changed.
    Made on 1/23/17