Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore 1 View Post
    I've yet to find someone that has these lithiums for sale... Anyone know who has them??
    The Trojan Trillium? Try here.
    https://www.thesolarbiz.com/batterie...attery_company

I have nothing else other than this is the first advertising that I have seen for them.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    1999 Allison w/01 200 Pro Max
    2000 Dodge w/Cummins

2. Member
    I recently refurbished a 93 Champion 204DCX. I redid everything and went with 3 Battle Born 12v 100ah GC2 lithium batteries for my dedicated trolling motor power. I did it for several reasons. First, was available space. When my boat was built, 24v systems were the norm. Thus there is room in the engine compartment for 2 batteries and a charger, as well as a cranking battery and oil tank. The lithium batteries fit in the space perfectly. Weight reduction was also a concern since Champions sit "nose up", especially with a full tank and 4 lead batteries. By going lithium, I increased to 36v and gained zero weight over the previous grp27 24v system.
    Yes they are expensive. I could afford it, and I'm gambling with life expectancy. So far they have powered my ultrex perfectly with no issues. They are back to full charge in an hour which means while traveling she charges while you clean up and then unplug it. Always ready. Quick recharge, great discharge profile, footprint,weight, and hoped for long life is why I went lithium.
    1993 Champion 204DCX
    2007 ETEC 250

Quote Originally Posted by Basshle View Post
    I recently refurbished a 93 Champion 204DCX. I redid everything and went with 3 Battle Born 12v 100ah GC2 lithium batteries for my dedicated trolling motor power. I did it for several reasons. First, was available space. When my boat was built, 24v systems were the norm. Thus there is room in the engine compartment for 2 batteries and a charger, as well as a cranking battery and oil tank. The lithium batteries fit in the space perfectly. Weight reduction was also a concern since Champions sit "nose up", especially with a full tank and 4 lead batteries. By going lithium, I increased to 36v and gained zero weight over the previous grp27 24v system.
    Yes they are expensive. I could afford it, and I'm gambling with life expectancy. So far they have powered my ultrex perfectly with no issues. They are back to full charge in an hour which means while traveling she charges while you clean up and then unplug it. Always ready. Quick recharge, great discharge profile, footprint,weight, and hoped for long life is why I went lithium.
    Awesome!! What charger are you using? That's incredible recharging time!
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dspencer View Post
    The Trojan Trillium? Try here.
    https://www.thesolarbiz.com/batterie...attery_company

I have nothing else other than this is the first advertising that I have seen for them.

They do have purchase minimums.

5. Member
    I’ve been running lithium batteries for a while and I don’t see any difference in charge rates. The more I drain them, the longer it takes for them to charge. It’s all amp/hours used and replaced.

6. Member
    So one thing I've been tossing around in my mind.... if you are running two 100 ah batteries for a 24v circuit... you could essentially get a single battery to get the same values??? That being said, I could go from a 3 battery set up to a 2 battery set up??

Also, how are these lithiums holding up to the big Pro XS outboards with multiple graphs running???

Not a lot of them are being rated as cranking batteries at this point. I think Lithium Pros is the only one I've seen that's actually advertised as a cranker, though that may have changed.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

8. Member
    What battery trays are you guys using for your smaller lithium batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    The TH Marine tray for size 27 works really nicely for my 100ah Battle Born lithiums.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

10. Member
    I’ve cranked a 225 and 250 Opti with my 100ah Relions. Haven’t failed me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Not a lot of them are being rated as cranking batteries at this point. I think Lithium Pros is the only one I've seen that's actually advertised as a cranker, though that may have changed.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfish11 View Post
    The TH Marine tray for size 27 works really nicely for my 100ah Battle Born lithiums.
    What about smaller ones like 50-60ah batteries? Any suggestions.

What about smaller ones like 50-60ah batteries? Any suggestions.
    I bet they would fit in a 24 size. Not 100% sure though
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfish11 View Post
    I bet they would fit in a 24 size. Not 100% sure though
    Oh, I'm sure they will, but you'll need spacers and such to secure them into place. I'm looking for something with exact fit, since it'll take up less space overall, or at least closer to fit. Ideally, be able to fit 2 into 1 box, since they should be just slightly bigger than a group 31 battery. Downside is, the strap goes across the wrong direction, so it doesn't hold down both batteries together.

Personally, I'm looking for something that'll fit 7.5"x6.5". They can almost fit a group 31 tray side by side.
    Last edited by BoatNoobie; 02-19-2019 at 03:55 PM.

14. Member
    Oh, I'm sure they will, but you'll need spacers and such to secure them into place. I'm looking for something with exact fit, since it'll take up less space overall, or at least closer to fit. Ideally, be able to fit 2 into 1 box, since they should be just slightly bigger than a group 31 battery. Downside is, the strap goes across the wrong direction, so it doesn't hold down both batteries together.

Personally, I'm looking for something that'll fit 7.5"x6.5". They can almost fit a group 31 tray side by side.
    Take two screws from one side of your tray, slide your strap in then screw back in place. Should be a simple fix.

15. Member
    I had Chris Bailey (cbailey, the foil guy on here) make me a custom tray to hold by 2 50ah RELiONS. Sent him the dimensions of the batteries and he built a super solid tray that the top bolts down.

It’s the battery of the future for sure , just to much trouble for a weekend guy to change over , one day they will be cheaper than AGM and will be standard on all cars and boats .

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    It’s the battery of the future for sure , just to much trouble for a weekend guy to change over , one day they will be cheaper than AGM and will be standard on all cars and boats .
    Just did it today... Swapped out 110lbs of optimas for 60lbs of lithium. Looking forward to using them...
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    I had Chris Bailey (cbailey, the foil guy on here) make me a custom tray to hold by 2 50ah RELiONS. Sent him the dimensions of the batteries and he built a super solid tray that the top bolts down.
    Are they made of metal or plastic?

19. Member
    Just to let you guys know Im work on putting lith Ion battery packages together for hopefully around $1200 for a starting and 2 trolling batteries. Should be selling in a couple months. Let me know if anyones interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmastr1 View Post
    Just to let you guys know Im work on putting lith Ion battery packages together for hopefully around $1200 for a starting and 2 trolling batteries. Should be selling in a couple months. Let me know if anyones interested.
    Your name in your profile, and a BBC sponsorship would be a good place to start, if you're serious.

Welcome to BBC.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast