Surprise on the I Fish Pro..

So finally broke down and bought an I fish pro for something different to play with. Headed up to camp yesterday and got into an awesome crappie bite so I decided to rig a light crappie jig rod up with a minnow to see if it worked. After 2 or 3 crappies I was really starting to like this set up and then i got the fight of my life.... This old girl decided to show up and give my crappie rig a run for its money. Ended up weighing in at 4.18 using 3lb fluro.

2. Member
    Nice work, have heard a lot of great things about the ice fish pro's!

3. Member
    funny you say this because i got the pro and took it for a run last weekend and hated it. I literally gave up on it and went back to the HT Rod set up and through a piece of foam over the hole for the insulating properties. Kept the hole more ice free and allowed my bait presentation to be exactly how i wanted it.

Nice fish though!
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    funny you say this because i got the pro and took it for a run last weekend and hated it. I literally gave up on it and went back to the HT Rod set up and through a piece of foam over the hole for the insulating properties. Kept the hole more ice free and allowed my bait presentation to be exactly how i wanted it.

Nice fish though!
    This is the only concern I had when buying one. Will my line freeze in the ice. Luckily Saturday was about 28 with zero wind and some sun so the hole stayed relatively ice free. I dont think I would bring this out in real cold and windy conditions though. Or I set it up inside the shack on those days.

5. Member
    my biggest problem is the inability to set tension on the line without closing the bail and setting the drag loose.

The HT tip ups allow you to leave the bail open but set tension on the line with the clip.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

that's what I love about lite line ice fishing, nice fish!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

7. Member
    This is awesome. Nice work!