Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pro that gives the most info

I’m looking for someone to guide me in the right direction. Is there a professional angler rather currently fishing or not, that really breaks down what they do in the seasons with the baits they use and what they target. Doesn’t have to be in one article or book but if you google them it will tell you everything they really do

2. Member
    I've always liked Rick Clunn.
    2005 Z21 Comanche Yamaha VMax 250HPDI

3. Member
    Great question so much info and different opinions
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Start with the YouTube videos posted on here constantly! I’ve learned so much this winter by following the threads on here. If you want to get specific, ask in the fishing techniques section, the people that post there have always helped me with very specific questions!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Jacob Wheeler does a great job of explaining everything he does

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Start with the YouTube videos posted on here constantly! I’ve learned so much this winter by following the threads on here. If you want to get specific, ask in the fishing techniques section, the people that post there have always helped me with very specific questions!
    im subscribed to everyone tactical,Johnny everyone really. I read tons of articles and books. Just looking for a blueprint to what someone has done it can be old idc just very detailed info from baits to seasons to how they fish as to why etc

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    and he is telling the truth not just pimping a lure

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zcomanche21 View Post
    I've always liked Rick Clunn.
    +1 you might appreciate the bit he did on breaking down creek arms into sections. It’s more of a fish positioning, vs technique driven lesson. Have to locate them first. Many techniches can catch the same fish . Mostly your your own confidence techniques . I believe it was on The Bass Pros.

Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    and he is telling the truth not just pimping a lure
    agreed

10. Member

11. Member

he does a great job--that's why I really like him on tv shows like mlf--he breaks it all down
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    Jacob wheeler does a good job. Bobby Lane also does a great job too, and I’m not a fan of his at all but when he discusses what he’s doing I listen.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

13. Member
    I enjoy the way he freely explains what he is doing and why even if it isn't working at the time. He's never just selling product.

14. Member
    Good post sir. That’s a sum it all up lesson for sure. The last MLF on fell in that transition period that he described as being very difficult. Would like to have seen if he would have targeted the late fish shallow (the only big ones caught , or a more summertime pattern for the ones who went early. Thanks for sharing.

15. Member
    He's not a pro but Jonny at fish the moment on YouTube does really good videos on baits, seasonal movements, map readings, and how to's on his YouTube page.
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWMWMX9SrlN-Jfw6o-hGTuw

16. Member
    YouTube- tactical bassin

17. Banned
    Honestly Bill Dance meets all your criteria.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    I’m looking for someone to guide me in the right direction. Is there a professional angler rather currently fishing or not, that really breaks down what they do in the seasons with the baits they use and what they target. Doesn’t have to be in one article or book but if you google them it will tell you everything they really do
    I really would never expect them to tell everything they know or do. They would never have a competitive advantage against their competition. That would take the fun of you discovering your own tricks that will benefit you. When they break something down, it will have to be in perspective relative to lake, season, time of day, etc.

Clunn did the best job of breaking down seasonal patterns in various articles that were published about 20 years ago. Jacob Wheeler does the best job on TV, He gives much more solid information, and his reasoning behind it, than the other pros do.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

20. Member
    yeh. He follows the other anglers! Lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast