Mercury Pro XS 250 4 Stroke

Does anyone of any knowledge about to use and performance of the Mercury Pro XS 250 4 Stroke?

2. Banned
    I like mine, it’s quite and performs much better than the 2s I had. Glad I made the switch without a doubt.

3. Member
    I have a fresh rebuilt (new block) 250 pxs. That I've thought about selling and up grading to the 4 stroke.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    I have a fresh rebuilt (new block) 250 pxs. That I've thought about selling and up grading to the 4 stroke.
    You won’t be disappointed other than trying to get one, I got my new rig in August and repowerd with 14 hrs in the 2stroke. I had no issues with it but wanted the new motor. Holeshot and mid range is unreal and picked up nearly 5mph more over the 2s. Went from a 25p down to a 23.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m sure in 1 year, once the Pros start to repower, there will finally be enough of the new Mercs for people to not have to wait 8 months for one!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    I have 75hrs on mine and I can’t say enough about this motor. Mercury really did Their homework on this one. I never dreamed Mercury could put a motor out better than the opti and verado. Unreal performance holeshot, midrange, top end, fuel mileage etc. The fuel mileage at 30-40mph is ridiculous compared to my last two motor the opti pro xs and verado. I absolutely love how it launches my over weight 21ft bassboat out of the hole!!!

7. Member
    You guys are killing me. Mine has been in storage since Oct. waiting on a new 300 Pro XS 4 stroke.
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Member
    I got 48 hours on mine it’s been great up to about 6hrs ago. Mercury has to put another complete fuel system on it . We shall see how it goes moving forward . No complaints on performance or service though

9. Member
    My buddy just took delivery of his 4s 250 last week,says it is totally awesome on his Z520 but the charging system died at 3.5 hrs and he had to come in on the Trolling motor,not knocking it,stuff happens. The lower unit is the same 1:75-1 gear as the older Opti’s so why did they go to a 23” prop? Better hole shot,higher rpm? He was raving about the hole shot,well,it ought to be with a 23.

10. Member
    My buddy just took delivery of his 4s 250 last week,says it is totally awesome on his Z520 but the charging system died at 3.5 hrs and he had to come in on the Trolling motor,not knocking it,stuff happens. The lower unit is the same 1:75-1 gear as the older Opti’s so why did they go to a 23” prop? Better hole shot,higher rpm? He was raving about the hole shot,well,it ought to be with a 23.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    You guys are killing me. Mine has been in storage since Oct. waiting on a new 300 Pro XS 4 stroke.

You will love it. Let us know when it comes in.
    Last edited by 05ranger; 01-20-2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    I got 48 hours on mine it’s been great up to about 6hrs ago. Mercury has to put another complete fuel system on it . We shall see how it goes moving forward . No complaints on performance or service though

Keep us updated.

13. Member
    Its a monster! Holeshot, midrange and top end. Growls like is mad on start up and quite running wot.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

14. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shef View Post
    Its a monster! Holeshot, midrange and top end. Growls like is mad on start up and quite running wot.
    Wait till you hear the growl of a 250R or 300R model.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

15. Member
    Well, I don’t have a 250, just a little ole 03 150 hp XR6. No idea how many hours but 0, yes 0 issues. Quality manufacturing in US at its best!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    Well, I don’t have a 250, just a little ole 03 150 hp XR6. No idea how many hours but 0, yes 0 issues. Quality manufacturing in US at its best!
    I had 1993 XR6 150 HP with a zillion hours on it and repowered with 150 4/stroke.
    The XR6 is now on bay boat and still going strong the last I heard.

17. Member
    Talked to a guy a couple years ago who was a design engineer for the auto industry in Detroit. He told me that ALL the electrical parts in car/truck engines come from China. Nobody can compete with China on costs for producing these switches, relays, and computers. It is the same with outboards and appliances. Not really surprised someone had a charging issue at 3.5 engine hours. The guy told me there is no way those electrical parts are of the same quality as ones made in US ISO regulated plants.

18. Member
    Thank you all for your input I am getting mine in a few days... can´t wait to break it in.

19. Member
    I'll just keep running my Opti until it decides to go bye bye, or I get a new boat and don't have a choice.