quads with a plow anyone?

Does anyone run a four wheeler with a plow? I'm done shoveling and was thinking of trying a quad. Just don't know how good they may be or if the plow stands up well....

2. Member
    I am in the north of Sweden have used a Suzuki 750AXi to plow snow. It works great as long as you have somewhere to put the snow a bit downhill. It can't really build piles. That can be cured if you put on a set of tracks on it then you can build long fairly steep piles. The plow it self if you buy something from a well rep brand it will hold up great. Now I have bought some farmland and switched to a tractor instead. Th ATV is 400 times better than a showel but a traktor is 10 times the ATV if you have the space for it.

Try won't get a finished job likena shovel but they hold up well if you have a good one, I used mine on a can am renegade 800x. Just push farther than the edge at the beginning of the season so you still have room at the end of the season. If I bumped the winch a few times to quickly it would have an electrical studded and stall the machine. Quite annoying but I'm sure they figured that out by now. But if you have a real amount of snow to move it's probably not worth it vs a snowblower or truck with plow
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I have a Polaris 425 4wd with a plow. It pushes snow very well. I just have to make sure I'm not running up on deep snow or I'll get stuck. This past weekend we had about 10" of snow and drifts 2-3 feet deep. By taking small swaths, I was able to plow my entire driveway. I always push it farther than I need to so that I don't run out of places to push the next snow. I much prefer the plow to a walk behind snow blower.

5. Member
    I have a little Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 2x4 with a 48" snow blade on it. I blade the heavy 12" snow we got 2 weeks ago with it. I had to take multiple passes, but it beat the heck out of shoveling.

6. Banned
    I've plowed my yard with a quad since 1998.
    It works really well. As mentioned above, push the snow way back when you plow. Once you make a snowbank, there's no pushing it back further if you need more room.

Well these are good to read. A few I have talked to about it said it was not worth it but it doesn't sound like they were using it right. I know you can't treat it like a loader, it's just a plow for pushing. I was looking at the small Polaris, might have been a 450?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Well these are good to read. A few I have talked to about it said it was not worth it but it doesn't sound like they were using it right. I know you can't treat it like a loader, it's just a plow for pushing. I was looking at the small Polaris, might have been a 450?
    Boy, were they wrong!
    It's not like a tractor or a truck with a plow, but it's cheaper and you can use the quad for many other things.

9. Member
    I have a 1996 Polaris 500 that I bought new with a 60" plow, that is what I have used at all of the last 3 houses I have owned, pushes snow like no other. As a matter a fact i was on it this AM in Elburn il , My driveway is over 500' long!

It has over 1900 miles on it, only used it for snow plowing very little hunting use, the only thing i have ever done to it is change the oil and air filter, still on same spark plug!!!