Thread: Thinking 360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    So I did the update last fall and first time out my 360 locked up and then quilt working altogether. And now doesn’t even show up on the menu to even turn 360 on. Is this because of the update?
    Re-install the previous update and find out. You may have other issues like power or connection.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    So I did the update last fall and first time out my 360 locked up and then quilt working altogether. And now doesn’t even show up on the menu to even turn 360 on. Is this because of the update?
    One more thing, did you Restore Defaults AFTER the update was installed?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Well son of a gun...I just updated my Helix 12 Gen 1 not long ago, and I strictly run 360 on this unit.....how can I get the software to go back to previous update? (I feel like these should be offered on their website with all the troubles that come about with new updates)

Quote Originally Posted by twa View Post
    Well son of a gun...I just updated my Helix 12 Gen 1 not long ago, and I strictly run 360 on this unit.....how can I get the software to go back to previous update? (I feel like these should be offered on their website with all the troubles that come about with new updates)
    Why wouldn’t you try it first?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    One more thing, did you Restore Defaults AFTER the update was installed?
    Thx Wayne I will try your suggestions

I have had my 360 for two months now and use it with a G2N Helix 12 SI with the latest software version without issue. Loving this thing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    I have had my 360 for two months now and use it with a G2N Helix 12 SI with the latest software version without issue. Loving this thing.
    So your running the 1.84 update and NOT having any problem with your 360 sensitivity range? Does sensitivity settings 1-10 actually make adjustments for you?
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

8. Member
    Duplicate post
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    So your running the 1.84 update and NOT having any problem with your 360 sensitivity range? Does sensitivity settings 1-10 actually make adjustments for you?
    Pretty sure. I just got my 360 in early December and my Helix units were already on 1.84 so I don't know any different. I've had it on the lake three times and I'm stilling messing with the colors/sensitivity/range just getting used to it.

So you're saying if you change the sensitivity 1-10 you don't see any change in the image?

10. Member
    I’d be interested to know if it works cause it hasn’t for others under that software. Are you sure the software is 1.84? Just cause it’s new doesn’t mean the software is.
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    I’d be interested to know if it works cause it hasn’t for others under that software. Are you sure the software is 1.84? Just cause it’s new doesn’t mean the software is.
    I will check as soon as I get home. Now I'm interested. I know that I took this screenshot of a big foundation just a couple of weeks ago.

12. Member
    I looked at mine in simulation mode (1.84) and it didn’t change 1-10 but 11-20 it does.
    I’m not sure if it’ll act the same on the water but I’ll find out, I just ordered a 360 unit.

Confirmed, I’m on software version 1.84. Hopefully I can get out this weekend.

14. Member
    So you're saying if you change the sensitivity 1-10 you don't see any change in the image?
    Yes... I and others have experienced a big change with the 360 sensitivity range in software version 1.84. Range 1-10 doesn't seem to make ANY adjustment. Changes in sensitivity start showing from 11-20. This issue has made it more difficult to decrease the sensitivity enough in hard bottom conditions. I didn't mess with that version long after seeing that... changed back to 1.61, so that's what had me interested in if yours was working different. Thanks for any update later.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    Yes... I and others have experienced a big change with the 360 sensitivity range in software version 1.84. Range 1-10 doesn't seem to make ANY adjustment. Changes in sensitivity start showing from 11-20. This issue has made it more difficult to decrease the sensitivity enough in hard bottom conditions. I didn't mess with that version long after seeing that... changed back to 1.61, so that's what had me interested in if yours was working different. Thanks for any update later.
    Interesting. I will definitely try it next time on the water. Pretty sure I kept my sensitivity above 10 while fiddling with it. Maybe for this reason and I just didn't know it.

16. Member
    Interesting. I will definitely try it next time on the water. Pretty sure I kept my sensitivity above 10 while fiddling with it. Maybe for this reason and I just didn't know it.
    And in my local lake with lots of hard bottom... I can rarely raise my sensitivity on 360 above 6-7. Most the time I wish I could lower it BELOW zero.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12