Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Been watching hockey for 30 years. It ruins other sports for sure.

Going to the Knights vs Wild game tomorrow. Can't wait. I'm taking my buddy who's visiting from NC. Hes never experienced a Vegas Golden Knights game.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Going to the Knights vs Wild game tomorrow. Can't wait. I'm taking my buddy who's visiting from NC. Hes never experienced a Vegas Golden Knights game.
    That should be a blast....m

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    I played i long time until i was 40! It’s a great game for young boys & girls. Teaches all levels of cordination!
    Theres really no devas in hockey. Very humble people they understand how much hard work it takes to play at that level.
    Keep going its a great sport.
    You dont have to quit (retire) at 40, Im 60 and play 3 times a week, with a couple of guys that played in the bigs (Bruins) they are 70 and still play with the fire, back checked one of them and lifted his stick and got the puck ...and a hell of a whack for doing so. He said sorry in the oldtimers way but im not to sure how sincere he was

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
    You dont have to quit (retire) at 40, Im 60 and play 3 times a week, with a couple of guys that played in the bigs (Bruins) they are 70 and still play with the fire, back checked one of them and lifted his stick and got the puck ...and a hell of a whack for doing so. He said sorry in the oldtimers way but im not to sure how sincere he was
    Who might that be? Cashman? Stan Jonathan? Cheevers?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    Cashman is from Kingston Ontario but lives in Florida, His brother (Dave ) was a goalie in the local oldtimers league

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Yeah I wasn’t sure about all the rules but it was fun.
    You should come to a Thunderbirds Game here in Winston especially if you like to see fights. This coming weekend will be a slugfest they are playing a dirty team. If you come to one let me know and I will help explain the rules as they go. My son and I will be there Saturday he will be clearing the ice.

8. Member
    I'm still playing with a group of over 70 year olds. Also help out with a group of over 80 year olds still playing and playing hard. Most of these guys get out 3X a week to play.
    We lost a goalie 3 years ago, playing summer hockey. He used to play 10 games a week,just a youngster at81 when he passed away, right after he stopped a guy on a breakaway.
    Fastest game on earth.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plowjock View Post
    I'm still playing with a group of over 70 year olds. Also help out with a group of over 80 year olds still playing and playing hard. Most of these guys get out 3X a week to play.
    We lost a goalie 3 years ago, playing summer hockey. He used to play 10 games a week,just a youngster at81 when he passed away, right after he stopped a guy on a breakaway.
    Fastest game on earth.
    Fastest game on earth??? not when we play. I am the second youngest at 60, most of the guys are in their late 60 or early 70s As I mentioned 2 played in the NHL and a couple played AHL and one was with the Flying Fathers so even though they don't skate as fast they can still stick handle. We had a goalie go down this year and couldn't find a replacement so my 18 year old son got the call and loves it. I have to say I don't know how they do it, we play 3 times a week in the winter then THEY take 2 weeks off and play 6 weeks of spring hockey, then 2 weeks off and play all summer. I need all spring and summer to recover from winter hockey

Quote Originally Posted by mysuzytoo View Post
    I've been to a lot of hockey games over the years. It's amazing how much faster the NHL game is compared to the minor leagues.
    You got that right. We use to have a minor league team and I did off ice officiating. I went to a Dallas Stars game and realized why they have minor leagues. Lol

11. Member
    Hockey is definitely one of the best sports if not the best sport to see in person. I remember going to my first game Hawks vs Blues at the old Chicago Stadium and the National Anthem there took the experience and just made it all the better.

12. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Who might that be? Cashman? Stan Jonathan? Cheevers?
    Watched an alumni game in my home rink. Big, tough, local farm boy squared up with Dave Schultz of all people. He would have beaten the sh!t out of him if it hadn't of been for Bob Dailey jumping in. It was the code, no one was allowed to beat Dave Schultz. Or disgrace the Flyers organization.

I played through college. Hockey has grown so much in the last 25 years. I go and watch Princeton U play. Like many college venues, great old rink, the seats are real close to the ice so you can "feel" the speed of the game. Those of you in the lakes region have some awesome hockey to watch at all levels.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

13. Member
    played growing up until i was 13, then picked it up again at 21 and never looked back. Still play twice a week at a minimum year round. Love hockey, you need to have more dimensions to your game than any other sport I would argue.

You need to be fast, agile, coordinated, tough, strong and aggressive. Even the softest players at the NHL level are tough as nails. They still have to take hits, and grind out pucks out of the corners.

I also think there is a major under appreciation for the player's ability to skate because they literally make it seem easy/second nature.

If you want to be even more impressed with the players at the NHL level, strap on a pair of skates and try some of their edgework, you will literally fall right on your butt or face. Heck I self proclaimed cheat my way through playing hockey. I cant skate for chit compared to guys with high level training. The first thing right off of the bat, try skate cross overs to your weak side... or even better, backwards crossovers to your weak side, ive been playing twice a week for almost 20 years of my life and cant do them well.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Vegas Golden Knights GAME DAY..

Did anyone see Fleury build a wall ??? When the Ref came over to talk to him.. he had his glove over his face.. but you could tell he was laughing. His teammates were laughing as well. I know it could cost them a penalty or a goal. but at this point in the game it would've been a miracle for us to tie it up or even win. Pretty funny stuff.

" A Few Good Fish"

Did anyone see Fleury build a wall ??? When the Ref came over to talk to him.. he had his glove over his face.. but you could tell he was laughing. His teammates were laughing as well. I know it could cost them a penalty or a goal. but at this point in the game it would've been a miracle for us to tie it up or even win. Pretty funny stuff.

" A Few Good Fish"

sorry for the double post
    " A Few Good Fish"

17. Member
    I just got home from a weekend of youth hockey tournaments. My friends, when I share video, are absolutely amazed at what kids can do that are 6, 7, 8 years old. Fishing and hockey are my two biggest passions...and it works because if the lakes are frozen, I can't fish, but I can go play hockey.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post

Patrick Roy (and most goalies, really) used to pile up snow on the goal line all through the 90's and early 2000's. I can remember one playoff game he must've had a pile 3" high and 6" wide inside each post.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Hands down Playoff Hockey is the Very Best Sport. Even Better when it down to the Finals playing for Lord Stanley..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12