Banned

Areas around Chattanooga to live?

Heading out today for a few days of driving around looking for a future home.What areas around Chattanooga are nice,Ideal homestead would be a few acres with a pond .

2. Matt20xd
    How close to chatt do you want to be? Cleveland, dayton, soddy daisy and birchwood come to mind.

3. Banned
    Ooletwah or signal mtn look nice??

4. Matt20xd
    Yes both are nice areas. Ooltewah has been blowing up the past few years. Dont speed on the mtn, cops up there dont have much to do.

5. Member
    I'd have to look out toward South Pittsburg or Browns Ferry so I could be in between Chick and Guntersville with Nickajack real close.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    Ooletwah or signal mtn look nice??
    A big stink going on in Ooltewah right now. A proposed sewage treatment plant amongst 3000 newer homes on mahan gap road. I'd look farther north up 58 highway in Meigs county or on the other side of the river in Rhea county if it were me looking.

Bill

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    A big stink going on in Ooltewah right now. A proposed sewage treatment plant amongst 3000 newer homes on mahan gap road. I'd look farther north up 58 highway in Meigs county or on the other side of the river in Rhea county if it were me looking.

Bill
    Is the N side of the TN river the nicer area,also need good schools.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post

Bill

9. Member
    Welcome to Chatt! The city is really divided into distinct sections and I would recommend buying on the side of town that aligns with your place of employment and what you most enjoy doing (getting from one side to the other can be a nightmare at times). Almost anywhere up the hwy 27 corridor (signal mtn, soddy, dayton, etc) is ideal if you work downtown. If you work on the interstate 75 side of town, then Ooltewah, Birchwood, Cleveland and Apison area would be best. Either side has easy access to Lake Chickamauga with major boat ramps on all sides. I would recommend staying away from GA (state income taxes) and the lookout valley area (because the traffic on 24 is guaranteed to be awful).

Hope this helps, lived here all of my life and give more details if you have specific questions.
    2014 BassCat PII
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    http://offthechartsboating.com

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    If you want great schools then look no further than signal mountain or Soddy Daisy. Both have amazing schools.
    2014 BassCat PII
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    http://offthechartsboating.com

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippinManiac View Post
    Welcome to Chatt! The city is really divided into distinct sections and I would recommend buying on the side of town that aligns with your place of employment and what you most enjoy doing (getting from one side to the other can be a nightmare at times). Almost anywhere up the hwy 27 corridor (signal mtn, soddy, dayton, etc) is ideal if you work downtown. If you work on the interstate 75 side of town, then Ooltewah, Birchwood, Cleveland and Apison area would be best. Either side has easy access to Lake Chickamauga with major boat ramps on all sides. I would recommend staying away from GA (state income taxes) and the lookout valley area (because the traffic on 24 is guaranteed to be awful).

Hope this helps, lived here all of my life and give more details if you have specific questions.
    Thanks good info.

12. Member
    I love living in Soddy Daisy. 3 good ramps really close. And Dayton or Chester Frost on either side. The Lewis Chapel area on Flat Top mountain sounds like it would be what you are looking for.

13. Member
    Cleveland TN as well.

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippinManiac View Post
    Welcome to Chatt! The city is really divided into distinct sections and I would recommend buying on the side of town that aligns with your place of employment and what you most enjoy doing (getting from one side to the other can be a nightmare at times). Almost anywhere up the hwy 27 corridor (signal mtn, soddy, dayton, etc) is ideal if you work downtown. If you work on the interstate 75 side of town, then Ooltewah, Birchwood, Cleveland and Apison area would be best. Either side has easy access to Lake Chickamauga with major boat ramps on all sides. I would recommend staying away from GA (state income taxes) and the lookout valley area (because the traffic on 24 is guaranteed to be awful). Hope this helps, lived here all of my life and give more details if you have specific questions.

We often go to our RV in the North Georgia Mountains and have been coming into Chattanooga from the North--and switching over to I-75 North to Cleveland. I cannot remember the last time that there wasn't a major interstate backup--often going all the way to Nickajack 20 miles+. I once saw it back up to the base of Monteagle Mountain.

I agree about living on the end of town where you can avoid going through the middle of Chattanooga. I've got to figure out how to get around the city without wasting an hour.