Ultrex Trolling prop hits my rub rail

Ultrex trolling motor hits my rub rail when storing. I had same trolling motor on my 08' zx225 and prop would always clear(even if it was accidentally running). Its happening on my '18 fx20. its not a big deal, but it is a big deal if spot lock is on and there is an attempt to store (by accident of course). Spinning prop does damage to rub rail. Both were 45" shafts. Any ideas?

2. Banned
    You may have to move the mount further out or maybe add some spacers and raise it up...

3. Member
    Try using your foot pedal to reposition(turn) the lower head of the motor(to your left as facing the motor from the deck of your boat) as if your were changing the direction of the boat.
    This should allow extra clearance of the rub rail.

4. Member
    Spot lock should cut off as soon as you move the motor.

I make a habit of making sure auto pilot is off and head is in line before lifting.

6. Member
    If you will make sure to touch the footpedal, spotlock will cutoff before you stow. It should cutoff when you lift the motor. I don't think spacers will help.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Where the shaft goes into the the lower unit was offset on the the fortrex and in the center on the ultrex. It makes a difference.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I make a habit of making sure auto pilot is off and head is in line before lifting.
    Exactly what I do. Takes only a second to rotate it with the pedal before lifting it up
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    I usually will tap the foot pedal before I lift the motor, but on several occasions.... I'm a slow learner I guess... I forget to cancel spot lock and start to raise the motor. It will however give you a quick reminder with the splashing, and sometimes a quick bath, that it is still running
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI