Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Many complaining about trouble posting pics

Including me
    What has changed here????????

2. Member
    You can upload a link to be clicked, or you can make the picture visible by putting it on a hosting website and then loading here. Changed a couple of months ago.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

3. Member
    Use postimage.org

upload image
    use "Thumbnail for forums" if you want a larger pic
    use "Hotlink for forums" if you want a smaller pic.

copy and paste the whole image code to the right of whichever you choose and it will show up when you hit post.

takes less than a minute.

thumbnail for forums:

hotlink for forums:

4. Member
    postimage.org
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Use tinypic then copy paste link , I too was like what happened?? What changed?? but its quick and easy to do it with tinypic.

6. Banned
    Tinypic instructions shown but its basically the same premise for all picture hosting sites. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=171613

7. Banned
    I've always used tinypic with zero issues

I had been having issues as well. So I tried tinypic this morning and it works great. Used for my new puppy thread
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

9. Member
    I think the size allowed has changed. Some of us could I guess cheat the system in some way by posting the actual picture in a size that was small enough to get in. Now, the size allowed has been reduced that those methods don't work any more and there is no other way to post a pic than to do as others have posted and use a image hosting site. It isn't as quick and easy especially from a phone for sure, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I think the size allowed has changed. Some of us could I guess cheat the system in some way by posting the actual picture in a size that was small enough to get in. Now, the size allowed has been reduced that those methods don't work any more and there is no other way to post a pic than to do as others have posted and use a image hosting site. It isn't as quick and easy especially from a phone for sure, but it is what it is.
    The size allowed has not changed.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    ^^^^^^ This!

Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    The size allowed has not changed.
    Something has changed. I used to be able to resize my photos so I could post on here. Now when I do it they are still way oversized and there were s no way to reduce the size to what the required size is.

Don't know why this needs to be so difficult. Much easier on many other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Something has changed. I used to be able to resize my photos so I could post on here. Now when I do it they are still way oversized and there were s no way to reduce the size to what the required size is.
    I had tried to resolve this some time ago but couldn't figure out what the problem was; I'll have to take another shot at it. The size allowed definitely isn't the problem.

15. Member
    Ive not tried posting pics in a while but I have noticed that when I try to reply to a thread ive had issues. Seems to act like you never clicked reply but when you refresh back to the main page its there.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Ive not tried posting pics in a while but I have noticed that when I try to reply to a thread ive had issues. Seems to act like you never clicked reply but when you refresh back to the main page its there.
    We've had some "glitches" for a few days and I'm hoping to have them resolved soon.

17. Member
    I had stopped posting pics long ago because it stopped working for me and I’m not going to use an external host, then not long ago I tried it again and after I resized I was able post from my phone without issues. Shortly after that the sight went down for maintenance and since then no matter what I do to resize it’s never right..... so I just gave up on it again.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I had tried to resolve this some time ago but couldn't figure out what the problem was; I'll have to take another shot at it. The size allowed definitely isn't the problem.
    Al, the one thing I haven't been able to check is maybe the resizing process I used on my iPhone may not be reducing them as much as it used to. I could take a pic from my phone, email it to myself and when asked what size to send (small, med, large, original), I knew that medium was the largest that would be allowed. I would then open email and save that picture and then that saved picture would post no problem. Seems difficult, but I could get a picture posted in 60 seconds from my phone. Now, I have tried to email a small pic, then save it and email a small pic again and the second time it will post as a link only. I have no idea if the apple sizing has changed which is a possibility I guess.

So I just checked. The site has a 19.5 KB max size on all types, but 97.7 for JPG pics. My phone sends pics in PNG. A 'small' resizing is still 41.4PNG. I used to be able to send a medium which is 152KB. Maybe something changed on the phone side of things - either the size or the format. But I used that method for the last several years and it worked up until a the fall of 2018.
    Last edited by barbarian; 01-20-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Also having issues editing posts. Go into "edit post" and it is blank.

I’m one of those that have gripes a bit too about it. Before the latest maintanence, I was ALWAYS able to use my phone and post pics by inserting within the thread itself, and/or using the manage attachments option. In order to do this and it work, I had to “screen shot” my original picture first, then use the screen shot for upload. Very simple and easy. NEVER an issue doing it this way.

Since the upgrade, it isn’t working the same and won’t work as it did. I’m sure it’s no big deal to some, but I’m not using a hosting site. I’ve just said piss on it. If it gets fixed, I’d be happy to go back to uploading pics when needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast