Graphs turning on with master

Hey guys, I took out my old Lowrance Gen 2’s and am trying to put in my new Garmins. At first I had no power at the old leads that the 9’s were connected to and the radio wouldn’t work either, then I switched some wires around on the terminal block. When I turned on the master switch two of the 3 garmins turned on without using the power button. The third turned on when I pushed the power button. I switched some things again and they were back to no power. I checked all the grounds they all seem connected. I have a ‘13 Bass Cat.
    Thanks for any insight.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

There is probably a relay somewhere that will power up the circuit the units are on.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue perch View Post
    Hey guys, I took out my old Lowrance Gen 2’s and am trying to put in my new Garmins. At first I had no power at the old leads that the 9’s were connected to and the radio wouldn’t work either, then I switched some wires around on the terminal block. When I turned on the master switch two of the 3 garmins turned on without using the power button. The third turned on when I pushed the power button. I switched some things again and they were back to no power. I checked all the grounds they all seem connected. I have a ‘13 Bass Cat.
    Thanks for any insight.
    Is this a terminal block installed by Basscat, or one that is aftermarket.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Garmins have an Auto on function. Turn power on and they turn on. I have mine set up this way. So check that before you go crazy!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    The terminal block was on the boat. I’m guessing it’s original from Bass Cat.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

7. Member
    If that's the case, you shouldn't be rearranging the wires on it. These are mainly grounds going to other appliances. The depth finder should be ran on it's "own" circuit and not tapped into existing wiring.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    If that's the case, you shouldn't be rearranging the wires on it. These are mainly grounds going to other appliances. The depth finder should be ran on it's "own" circuit and not tapped into existing wiring.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

9. Member
    Ok. I ordered a TH Marine hydra for my electronics so I will put the garmins on there.
    Thanks for your help. Jesse
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250