Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    would like to see this law universal across the country, I hate thieves.
    Unfortunately that will never happen. Too many places that have their priorities backwards.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Broke into the wrong damn rec-room!
    Is that you Burt?!?

3. Member
    I'm more than a little apprehensive. 4 Armed men go to rob a specific target and the neighbors see them, and make this conclusion? I just think the "homeowner" knew they were coming and decided to turn the tables, and shoot first and most accurately. I do not think he was a random target, but what do I know?

4. Member
    99% of these home invasions, there is more to the story. Drug ripoffs, debt collection, for homeowner to get 3 out of 4, he had some idea beforehand.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    99% of these home invasions, there is more to the story. Drug ripoffs, debt collection, for homeowner to get 3 out of 4, he had some idea beforehand.
    So? Rifles are Rifles. Intent to defend against 4 with rifles is why they wrote the law to allow it.
    Hell yes you may have known by prior threat- heard their doors slam, yell some strange sh@t and then get their ass lit up. At some point you know-the Texas law doesn’t care-it gives the homeowner the absolute right to protect his life, home and property from invaders-and I would say especially if he knew they were coming onto his property with rifles.
    If I knew someone threatened me and my family you can bet your azz I will be locked and loaded and drop them in their tracks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Unfortunately that will never happen. Too many places that have their priorities backwards.
    Here in The People's Rebulik of Maryland, the Homeowner would be facing Criminal Charges; self defense is illegal here.

7. Member
    [QUOTE=zelmo;9964397] Unfortunately that will never happen. Too many places that have their priorities backwards.[/QUOTE
    Last edited by cmb; 01-20-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJoe View Post
    "In Texas, one can use deadly force not just to protect a person, but also to protect personal property, including to “retrieve stolen property at night,” during “criminal mischief in the nighttime” and even to prevent someone who is fleeing immediately after a theft during the night or a burglary or robbery, so long as the individual “reasonably” thinks the property cannot be protected by other means."

You don't need to be stealing shit 'round these parts...
    How it should be. Up here the homeowner would have to defend himself AGAIN in court against the POS thugs for defending himself,family or property.

That was literally right next door to someone I'll bet the story ends up being more like ... Man steals Thousands from Drug dealer holes up in his home only to have thugs come try to take it back by force.. I'll bet he knew they were coming.. and how is it fully self defense if %95 of shell casings were in the front yard and the car riddled with bullets??

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggumup View Post
    Is that you Burt?!?
    I love that scene lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    So? Rifles are Rifles. Intent to defend against 4 with rifles is why they wrote the law to allow it.
    Hell yes you may have known by prior threat- heard their doors slam, yell some strange sh@t and then get their ass lit up. At some point you know-the Texas law doesn’t care-it gives the homeowner the absolute right to protect his life, home and property from invaders-and I would say especially if he knew they were coming onto his property with rifles.
    If I knew someone threatened me and my family you can bet your azz I will be locked and loaded and drop them in their tracks.
    I think his point was along the lines of what I was thinking. A car load of armed men pulls up to the front of the house and proceed insides, apparently without trying to be too sneaking about it. That doesn’t sound like a typical robbery. That sounds like an assault. Maybe this home owner completely innocent? Granted, we don’t have much for facts but it sounds like that specifically can after him. And for that many guys to come at you like that, I’d likely assume it was because you were up to no good yourself.

So, how does the BBC court rule if this ‘victim’ turns out to be just as bad as the guys he shot ?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post

So, how does the BBC court rule if this ‘victim’ turns out to be just as bad as the guys he shot ?
    He still did good by removing vermin from the planet. Hang him for letting one get away.

13. Banned
    I think his point was along the lines of what I was thinking. A car load of armed men pulls up to the front of the house and proceed insides, apparently without trying to be too sneaking about it. That doesn’t sound like a typical robbery. That sounds like an assault. Maybe this home owner completely innocent? Granted, we don’t have much for facts but it sounds like that specifically can after him. And for that many guys to come at you like that, I’d likely assume it was because you were up to no good yourself.

Makes sense, and may come out in time.
    Dozens of casings in the yard?? Someone was waiting for something.

14. Member
    Agreed

It should be......

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Makes sense, and may come out in time.
    Dozens of casings in the yard?? Someone was waiting for something.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think there will me a lot more to eventually come out from this story.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I think there will me a lot more to eventually come out from this story.
    Or not. Just another day in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Ok, what if the perps are fleeting without getting anything?
    “I swear your honor, they were pointing weapons at me as they ran away. I feared for my life, so I fired”.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

19. Member

not guilty of murder under the law. Maybe guilty of something else. Point is the actions in question and legality. To take this to an extreme-if he was sitting on a baited house full of meth-trespassers with guns have no protection-free fire zone in Texas.
    Criminal community will someday take note and homeowners will be protected in their homes. If a couple were dropped in the street-if they were returning fire or held weapons capable of firing-it is what it is.
    Broken arrow had one where home owner dropped three masked men in the house, two in one shot, one made it to the driveway. Their accomplice driver charged with murder. Homeowner uncharged as it should be.

20. Member
    Another good reason to NOT move to Maryland or the liberal north east. Even if you wanted to, you cannot protect your family or belongings from scum. Might as well open your doors and say "Come on and take it all"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast