Thread: Peewee hoops

Peewee hoops

Been helping coach a peewee team this winter and forgot about some of the funny moments you see at this age. Kids going the wrong way trying to score for the other team, the kid who arrives late and runs across the court--right through the middle of the action. Last week a kid brought the ball up over his head to shoot and a teammate grabbed ahold and pulled him backwards. Player 1 couldn't understand how that wasn't a foul. Today we had a player anticipate the pass and make a clean steal at the top of the key for a breakaway. But he's a slow dribbler. By the time he got inside the foul line it was 1 on 4. So he picks up his dribble and turns around. Instead of passing back out to the top of the key, he does a no-look hook shot off the backboard and in. That was the worst thing that could've happened. After that he was flinging the ball from all over the place and I don't think he even hit the rim again.

2. Member
    Cool to coach those little ones. Really find out if you have coaching skills or not. Made me laugh to think of my 11 years of coaching two daughters b-ball teams for years some 35 years ago. I still see some of my players and get hugs!

Yea those are fun days. My son started playing soccer when he was 4 years old. He used to follow the coach and ask " When am I going in Coach". He played all the way through High School. I watched the first 3 granddaughters play sports, 2 of them through High School, got. 4 more coming up.

Fun but painful to watch. Jump ball after jump ball.

Did my time as a youth coach. Some great memories and tested my patience at times.
    Enjoy the time with your youth they grow up fast.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois