Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I will never forget that. We were on Guntersville. There was 200-300 boat tournament all practicing, boats everywhere. Wind was blowing 15 or more gusting to to 20+. Tim said- let’s see. He pulls out from Waterfront and hits the channel and hammers it. We are weaving in and out of boats and skipping across waves........I kept thinking, no way he is going to give it more, as he kept bumping the plate and trim.

I was absolutly clueless that given the right driver, our boats were capable of that type of performance. It was truly amazing. If you could take every person that questions how these boats handle on a test ride like that, Allison couldn’t make them fast enough!!

Anyhow, we get off the lake and we are talking, and I say, how’d you like the 1.75 gears....he said, nice. Then he says....”I could feel that graph in the wind in the 80’s. I said WHAT! In that slop out there?? He said....yep. No doubt!!

Amazing skills behind the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    The first one I drove with the Gunnel mount and HDS 12 was MET's (Michael Thomas) XB21. I could definitely feel it in the 80s.

Another thing I didnt like is how it limited your vision to the stbd side.
    Last edited by MET; 01-21-2019 at 10:41 PM.
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Wow..that is being tuned in like no other!! He's gifted.
    Last edited by AllyFishing; 01-22-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    No quick detach wanted or needed. A spacer is available but I did not want it on this build.

There is plenty of space between the wheel and screen. The helix is not touch screen either.

I guess the next thing would be joystick steering for better viewing of the graph.
    Under 1500 rpms you can use joystick. Pop the wheel back in place for fast runs.
    You better get with it before Ranger breaks new ground!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12