Question about Ultrex on a Ranger 198P

A post in the lounge got me thinking about whether or not the cover will fit if an Ultrexwas installed. Has anyone put an Ultrex on their 198P?
    did the cover fit and what length shaft did you get?

2. Member
    I have an Ultrex on a '18 198P. The cover will stretch over the TM barely. I only used cover (parked) for a couple of weeks - until I sold old boat. I would not travel with the cover on.

Quote Originally Posted by spcrangle View Post
    I have an Ultrex on a '18 198P. The cover will stretch over the TM barely. I only used cover (parked) for a couple of weeks - until I sold old boat. I would not travel with the cover on.
    What shaft length is your Ultrex? Right now my fortex is a 42 inch shaft. Not much motor is in the water adjusted the way down. Thinking about a longer shaft just in case I have to fish in rough water.

4. Member
    Yes the cover will fit with your Ultrex. I installed a 52 inch Ultrex on my 198P and the cover will still fit albeit snug. You shouldn't have any issue and I would suggest getting the 52 inch shaft so that you can fish rougher water without worrying about pulling the prop out of the water between waves.

5. Member
    I got a 45" ultrex on my 198RT.
    The cover fits very snug at the bow.
    You may have a small gap at the head of the trolling motor section