Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From what I was told about catching concepts you have to order in bulk and wait for them to get built. I don’t know if that is true but if you know where you can find some please post a link I would like to try them. Black label is a good bait. I caught one that was 9 lbs this past spring on one

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
    From what I was told about catching concepts you have to order in bulk and wait for them to get built. I don’t know if that is true but if you know where you can find some please post a link I would like to try them. Black label is a good bait. I caught one that was 9 lbs this past spring on one
    No, you don't have to order in bulk. There's a few JDM outlets to get them at from time to time but for the most part they are sold through Carolina Crankbait on social media. They are first come first serve and you can order 1 or 100 if they have them.

Join Wood Bait Nation on facebook. There's tons of custom Balsa builders on there always sharing their work and most of it is top notch. John Hott, Jawjacker, Barr Lure Co, Catching concepts, etc are all available through people in the group. Few guys in the group make a spot on E-1 replica.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I don't make crankbaits. My avatar was for the D Baits that Gary Dees used to make.
    Gary doesn’t make D Baits anymore? Damn, I have about 5 of them, but the best one is about worn out from fishing it on Okeechobee a few years ago.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    Do you have any of James Marshalls baits (On the Line)? Ed copied at least one of his baits. James has good stuff.
    Thanks for all the input guys.Have some of James's baits and have had him to paint numerous baits for me.Have not seen James since he closed his last tackle store.Had to work last Fri and Sat,did not find Catching Concepts and about Carolina Crankbait Supply until Sun on line

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    Gary doesn’t make D Baits anymore? Damn, I have about 5 of them, but the best one is about worn out from fishing it on Okeechobee a few years ago.
    I asked Gary 2 years ago if he was still making crankbaits and he told me no, too much time involved... He told me last year at Dixie's open house that he and his son-in-law where going to start making them... I've asked the guy at the counter at Dixie if they have any and the answer is always no... Last I heard Gary was no longer working at Dixie... So who knows... Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12