Minn Kota Ultrex

I'm getting ready to purchase a Minn Kota Ultrex trolling motor and was wondering how this effects the existing boat cover. I've heard the cover will have to be modified or possibly purchase new custom cover due to the higher profile. I have an original Motor Guide trolling motor on a 1999 Ranger Comanche 519 DVS....any input or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated!

The custom cover for my TR186 won’t fit over it. But yours may.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well I'd say if its fits you boat and MG, it wont fit the Ultrex.......that was the case for me....my cover no longer fit after I changed my MG out for an Ultrex. Brought it to my local upholstery shop and the fix the cover and all works now....cost of a new cover that would fit was $800; reworking my cover was only $160......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Take the boat and cover to a good local canvas shop and have them do the modifications. You can buy a piece of material from Ranger if your local shop can't match your cover materials exactly.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    i agree , i just bought the ultrex and the cover does not fit now . bad problem is i do not have anyone around here to modify my cover .

6. Member
    Too many variables to say. My factory cover came with my boat and Maxxum trolling motor, but fits with the new Ultrex fine. But I have seen posts from other people with same boat that their covers would not fit an Ultrex. My boat cover is designed to go on with the front and rear seats in place. That may be the difference if their cover was the low profile style.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons

scroll through and look at the 4 pictures posted in this thread...http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=947550

8. Member
    Thanks so much for all the input...I am going to call around to local custom boat cover shops tomorrow.