Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I love MLF but that episode was brutal. One thing I literally laugh at....catch one bass in 6 hours then try to explain to the world the pattern and what the fish are doing and why they’re there.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    Looks like Jordan lee tied one on last night, maybe too much of one!
    After watching that show, I would only be on that lake if someone got me drunk beforehand and convinced me it was a good idea.
    2014 920/SHO

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    Blah blah blah
    Quantity is important. Facts,quality,etc not so much with you. Meh, hope this isn't your best effort

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Very tough...just like fishing in Ohio!
    THIS
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

5. Member
    Another excellent episode! I like when they fish tough lakes and tough conditions. Boring...maybe...but it was 2 degrees outside!

6. Member
    I think the word brutal wraps it up on Murray. It is impossible to develop a pattern when you don't catch a bass over 1 pound. We right here have a river selection that could be just as impossible to predict which one would be the one that day, except that if you don't fish tides you would almost never catch fish, and the tides are different on the major rivers here. Even with a lousy tide I think you'd catch "scoreable" bass.
    I guess it's just not a lake.

7. Member
    I love the tough tournaments. I live in Indiana and if you want to know what tough is, come fish here or Ohio! There is bass in every lake and sometimes it takes 20+lbs to win. Ive also seen it take 6lbs. This is just about every lake in the state! Its cool watching the Pros go to Guntersville in Feb or March and catch 5lbers and sometimes larger fish. Its cool to watch the Pros go to Kentucky Lake and catch monsters on the ledges... But to me, its also cool to see them struggle to catch a damn fish every once in awhile on an extremely tough lake!
    I love the diversity of fisheries that are available in each state.

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I like seeing them struggle. I think it shows their real skills as opposed to going to the best lakes at the best time of the year.
    Yep, I agree, takes skills to catch fish on a tough lake.

These last three on Murry confirm to me it is the mighty lucky league. Three guys lucky enough to catch one big fish get to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    I love the tough tournaments. I live in Indiana and if you want to know what tough is, come fish here or Ohio!
    X100. Fished a BASS Northern Divisional on Patoka in 2005. Not a single 15" keeper for me in two days. Did however see an awesome fighter jet thunder over the creek I was fishing during practice. Gave me goosebumps. It was the highlight of the trip.

11. Member
    Guess Im the odd man out because I actually like MLF. Its more interesting to me to see what these pros use and believe will work during tough conditions than actually the catching and fighting of a bass. I do tournaments not because I get a big thrill fighting a bass, I get my thrill through the hunt. Locating the correct water that holds the biggest fish is my excitement. MLF on tough lakes and watching one or two of the anglers stand out from the field is cool to me. I hope all 3 circuits survive and do well and feel we are very lucky to have these formats available to us to watch.

12. Banned
    Good thing their target audience is non-fisherman.

I've fished Lake Murray. Can be brutally tough. Can be fun also. Wonder what time of the year they are fishing. It does make a difference.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHUFFY View Post
    I've fished Lake Murray. Can be brutally tough. Can be fun also. Wonder what time of the year they are fishing. It does make a difference.
    Think I heard someone say middle of June.

15. Member
    Made me feel right at home.

16. Member
    Think I heard someone say middle of June.

17. Banned
    It was last May.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Is May not the best time of year on any lake?

No. Not always. At least here in Texas it can often be brutally tough. Depends on weather, water levels and how spawn played out over the spring.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I like seeing them struggle. I think it shows their real skills as opposed to going to the best lakes at the best time of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Yep, I agree, takes skills to catch fish on a tough lake.
    Well, reading the comments here there wasn't a lot of "skill" displayed in this latest episode... Dan

20. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Well, reading the comments here there wasn't a lot of "skill" displayed in this latest episode... Dan
    It is interesting to see how many do not adjust, not catching anything but just keep doing samething.

Sure seems like the fish were in between spawn and summer pattern..
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast