Thread: G1 vs G2 ?

G1 vs G2 ?

I am about one month away from ordering a new boat. Right now boat comes with G1 as it is the only 135 hp motor. rumor has G2 135hp coming his year. My question is there a performance factor in G2 over the same G1 ? What do u guys think

If there is a G2 coming in the 135, specially an HO model, then I would wait. Just make sure you get the 10 year warranty if the release date is close enough. May I ask what boat you are getting? A Vexus??
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Vexus yes one of them consider . dont know if i trade my ranger or sale myself really like 1880 vexus but 115hp would really like a four stroke pro xs 135

I believe there is talk of a 135 but we shall see. Hard to beat a 10 year warranty though.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

5. Member
    Anyone care to chime in on this?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There is a 135 HO model but it is a G1 design not the G2. I haven't heard of a plan yet on smaller G2's so far. Maybe Evinrude57 or Seahorse has some inside info.

Even if there were a new type of engine, it would not be available until possibly next winter or next year. This year's production is already underway.

BRP keeps their cards close to their vest so not much leaks out about future products. For the last few years, they have said that some G2 technology will trickle down throughout the line over the coming years.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

I spoke to a dealer yesterday. it looks like the G2 will be down to the 75HP engine, no official word but that's what it is looking like. If you want one to put your order in around July, that will be for the 2020 run of engines.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I spoke to a dealer yesterday. it looks like the G2 will be down to the 75HP engine, no official word but that's what it is looking like. If you want one to put your order in around July, that will be for the 2020 run of engines.
    I'm down with a Vexxus and a 115HO G2 or 135HO G2. I'll wait for that timeline to develop.

10. Member
    Can the boat take a 150? You do know the g2 was a clean sheet design. It is not an upgraded g1. The g2 is a totally separate block that was designed for direct injection. The way the exhaust runners are designed it helps improve flow. I don't own a g2 but since it has been out I only hear of minor problems. No big failures needing a new powerhead although I am sure that has happened.