Problem With Installing New Maps

I bought Ultra HD map through Garmin Express and saved it to an SD card. When I put the SD card into my Echomap Chirp 93SV, the unit says there are no files on my SD card.

Please pm me if you can help. Thank you.
    PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Lake Texoma (TX/OK)

2. Member
    I assume you loaded the maps with Garmin Express? Garmin Express program will format the card and place the maps in the correct folder so the unit can read them.

You should be able to place the SD card in and then power on the unit. It will not see the card if you put it in while the unit is powered up.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

3. Member
    I have 2 93sv chirp units there is not enough memory on these units to down load maps .U will have to leave cards in to get maps .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    I assume you loaded the maps with Garmin Express? Garmin Express program will format the card and place the maps in the correct folder so the unit can read them.

You should be able to place the SD card in and then power on the unit. It will not see the card if you put it in while the unit is powered up.
    Yes, I used Garmin Express to buy both the Ultra HD and HotSpots for Garmin. It looks like putting in the SD card before powering up did the trick. Thanks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lee View Post
    I have 2 93sv chirp units there is not enough memory on these units to down load maps .U will have to leave cards in to get maps .
    That stinks. Hopefully, it can read my Ultra HD and HotSpots from the same SD card. Thanks.