Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post

Please don't run cords across sidewalks either.
    Get Reel. I’d happily take any suggestions you gentlemen gave on wireless charging..

2. Member
    How in the heck do you run a cord from a hotel to a parking lot and not run across a sidewalk? If they have plugs in the lot great, but most just have plugs on the outside of the hotel. I have a 10ga 100ft cord with a triple outlet on the end. It’s heavy enough to charge mine and let a couple other guys jump off of my cord.

I have an alarm on boat and compartments and lock all my compartments. I also put cover on to keep honest guys out, but I still take off my units and carry in at least all the rods I plan to use the next tourney day. I also have a duffel in the truck that I put my important boxes in and carry into my room. Takes a little extra time, but if I wake up to a broken into boat, I still have what I need for that day.

3. Member
    Aside: It's really a damned shame to even have to worry about these issues. I'm just naive, obviously. What kind of a person would steal the items that an average boat offers? I understand taking inside rods and fishfinders, for peace of mind. But, geez, what the heck is going on with our society if things have gotten bad enough that thieves are stripping bass boats? Why, and where's the market for used tackle and stolen props? Drugs?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    Get Reel. I’d happily take any suggestions you gentlemen gave on wireless charging..
    And create a trip hazard

Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Look for an air B and B. You can probably get a house for same price as motel and you have a driveway, privacy and no issues with parking, securing and charging boat.
    Not for just two nights .

After reading this thread it seems that some have posted and probably don't fish tnxs.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by got eem View Post
    I hope I’m posting this in the right place.

I’ve never taken a trip with my boat. I’m in the process of planning one to Kentucky Lake for this June (any suggestions on where to stay btw?). Planning to stay 2 nights. My question is this: when you’re staying at a hotel for more than one night, while fishing in between, how do you charge your boat?
    100 ft extension cord ... I've never had a problem at any hotel anywhere in country finding a plug in ... not saying it can't happen but I've not been unable to charge my boat at any hotel / motel / condo / cabin on any fishing trip and I've taken prolly a 100 in last 35 years

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I picked up some guys cones last year and threw them in the bushes. There's no reserved parking, if you're not there you lose the spot, plain and simple.
    I always like that too. I feel sorry for the guy that parks in the spot though. psssssssssssstt

Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    I run a Stealth Charger. I have fished for 4 days without plugging the boat in.

10. Member
    Lighthouse Landing in Grand Rivers is nice and the lakefront cottages your boat can be right next to your cottage. They have other options but its not the cheapest place but a nice place and close to the canal to cut over. It might depend on what part of the lake you want to fish.

11. Member
    I’ll keep my cones , cords , my respect for other people’s property, and avoid the masses. I can’t stand all the bank talk anyhow Hopefully I don’t run into you cone bashes. I wasn’t born an A$$hole but inconsiderate individuals can bring out the best in me.

12. Member
    If I have to cross a walkway/sidewalk with an extension, I’ll tape it down with a bright-colored ducktape. I always have a roll in my boat.

13. Member

Please don't run cords across sidewalks either.
    Always have,,how are you gonna get the cord to the boat. Just Duct Tape it to the sidewalk, no trip hazzard

Fin and Feather Lodge and Early American (next door to each other), both in Aurora are nice and have plenty of parking with power. You're not far from the Hwy 68 bridge and KenLake State Park. The Pond Restaurant is across the road and other restaurants are within driving distance. I have never heard of anybody getting their stuff stolen at either place.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I picked up some guys cones last year and threw them in the bushes. There's no reserved parking, if you're not there you lose the spot, plain and simple.
    D MOVE

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Look for an air B and B. You can probably get a house for same price as motel and you have a driveway, privacy and no issues with parking, securing and charging boat.
    this...privacy, convenience and security is 10X better than a hotel. Price is very similiar but typically a tad higher.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    this...privacy, convenience and security is 10X better than a hotel. Price is very similiar but typically a tad higher.
    We went with this. Found a great deal I believe. My wife has always taken care of our vacations, I’d never heard of air bnb till now, lol. Thanks big time jtracc.

Now, if anyone wants to direct me toward some offshore community holes...

18. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Couple years in a row I fished Falls Lake, NC in March and stayed at the quality inn off creedmore exit. Real nice people running the place. Always asked for a room at the far end of the motel so I could park the boat on the back side and run the cord under the door. Came back one time and nowhere to park but the construction guys that took over the place were nice enough to help me find a place on the opposite side of the lot and ran my cord across the driveway from my room to the field where I parked. thankfully they were obliging and my cord was JUST long enough. What are ya gonna do??
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    If I have to cross a walkway/sidewalk with an extension, I’ll tape it down with a bright-colored ducktape. I always have a roll in my boat.
    Doesn't take much to cause a toddler to do a face plant.

Doesn't take much to cause a toddler to do a face plant.
    Well you think a Toddler would have the hand of Mommy or Daddy and the cone, once pulled out of the bushes could be used as a caution for the cord. Some Guys
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast