Motor height different lowers

Is there a difference in running (jackplate) heights between the gen 1 torquemaster and the gen 2 wingmaster? I have repowered from a 250 ProXS 2s to the 250 ProXS 4s, both 20inch length.
    2008 Tr 21X- 2018 250 Mercury Pro XS 4S
    2B595479

2. Member

Yes anything above 15 psi on water pressure u should be good. I run mine at 2in pad to prop and probley could go up some but 69 mph is fast enough for me .200 pro xs 4 stroke ,898 nitro 20ft 7 in

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely- you'll likely end up higher with the 4-stroke Torquemaster Model, and will also end up with a lower-pitch prop in nearly every situation.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I repowered and have 50 hours on my four stroke and you definitely have to run it different than the 2 stroke. I run it higher by a good quarter inch. Great motor you won’t regret the swap.
    Last edited by Hookedup2; 01-23-2019 at 07:12 PM.

6. Member
    It’s currently mounted with the 3rd (center) holes. My 8” pro hi-jacker plate is as high as it can adjust. This is the height setting from my previous 2s with the old style lower. I think I’ll get the motor remounted to the higher bolt holes to allow for higher setting adjustments.
    2008 Tr 21X- 2018 250 Mercury Pro XS 4S
    2B595479

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    One hole up should give you adequate adjustment (you may possibly need to drop the plate back down at bit as that is 3/4" futher up).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor