Thread: BGE Shout Out

BGE Shout Out

For Xmas I was given composite EggMates, shelves, whatever they are called. In the instructions, it calls to tighten to xx inch pounds. Yeah whatever. Well....pay closer attention to that number than I did. Snapped 2 of them. Can’t find replacements at the hardware store. I email BGE to tell them I snapped them by my own stupidity and ask if I can buy some replacements. Couple days later I get a response asking whether they were the wood or composite. I tell them composite. Next he asked for my name and mailing address. I give it to him and ask for 4 sets of screws and nylock nuts because I may have slightly overtightened the first set as well and am just lucky they are still in one piece, for now. I also ask how I can pay for them. I get 2 emails the next day. First email was they were just going to send out an entire parts kit, “that way you can have some extra just in case.” The second email was an invoice for the parts kit...for $0.00! I email back asking if this was right and I’d be more than happy to pay. I get back a don’t worry about it, thanks for choosing BGE type response. As if I needed another reason to buy a 2nd Egg. Top notch in my book.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggumup View Post
    For Xmas I was given composite EggMates, shelves, whatever they are called. In the instructions, it calls to tighten to xx inch pounds. Yeah whatever. Well....pay closer attention to that number than I did. Snapped 2 of them. Can’t find replacements at the hardware store. I email BGE to tell them I snapped them by my own stupidity and ask if I can buy some replacements. Couple days later I get a response asking whether they were the wood or composite. I tell them composite. Next he asked for my name and mailing address. I give it to him and ask for 4 sets of screws and nylock nuts because I may have slightly overtightened the first set as well and am just lucky they are still in one piece, for now. I also ask how I can pay for them. I get 2 emails the next day. First email was they were just going to send out an entire parts kit, “that way you can have some extra just in case.” The second email was an invoice for the parts kit...for $0.00! I email back asking if this was right and I’d be more than happy to pay. I get back a don’t worry about it, thanks for choosing BGE type response. As if I needed another reason to buy a 2nd Egg. Top notch in my book.
    2egg owner here

3. Member
    Have had my BGE for about 5 years & love the thing! Wouldn't trade it for the world.

4. Member
    Have had mine for 6 years now...its awesome in most every way...I cook on it an average of 4 days a week, 52 weeks a year...I have had to replace the upper gasket and the bottom cast iron plate thus far after the warranty was up...and that's it! They replaced the bottom screen door damper under warranty after about two years...not a fan of their "eggniter" lighter at all though...went through three of them under warranty coverage and gave up...they are made in China...go figure...my "looft" lighter lasted over 4 years and was made in Sweden. I couldn't find another one locally so I went to the "eggniter"....bad move...gone propane now for lighter. I am going to be purchasing another BGE for our camper soon.

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Have had mine for 6 years now...its awesome in most every way...I cook on it an average of 4 days a week, 52 weeks a year...I have had to replace the upper gasket and the bottom cast iron plate thus far after the warranty was up...and that's it! They replaced the bottom screen door damper under warranty after about two years...not a fan of their "eggniter" lighter at all though...went through three of them under warranty coverage and gave up...they are made in China...go figure...my "looft" lighter lasted over 4 years and was made in Sweden. I couldn't find another one locally so I went to the "eggniter"....bad move...gone propane now for lighter. I am going to be purchasing another BGE for our camper soon.
    Buy some charcoal starters made of wax and wood. I use the Royal Oak brand. Use one for a starter for a slow cook, pile some lump charcoal on top of the fire once it gets going for 15 minutes or so. Then sprinkle wood chips just outside the ignited charcoal so as it burns it picks up chips to smolder. Use 2-3 to start a high temp cook. Or just use a Charcoal Chimney.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Had my BGE for about 5 years. Best deal of my life. Got the Large at cost with a platesetter, bag of charcoal, starters, etc. Smoking anything is a breeze on the BGE. I have over the past year or so been working on cooking steaks at high temps (6-700 degrees) They cook fast, but turn out wonderful. 2 minutes a side is a perfect medium. Just don't forget to burp it before opening the lid at those temps! Lost my eyebrows the first, and only, time I forgot about that.
    Last edited by Buckeye492; 02-18-2019 at 11:40 AM.

7. Banned
    Platesetter FYI

It's pretty spectacular when you forget to burp the egg when it's dark out.

9. Member
    Fingers were moving faster than the brain! Good catch!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    It's pretty spectacular when you forget to burp the egg when it's dark out.

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Love my BGE. Had it for about 8 years now. About time for a new gasket, good cleaning/ burn off. Would have been thru 4 other grills by now. It’s worth the money. Unless I drop it I should never by another grill.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170