No television for five days

Last week we had occasion to use our Jayco travel trailer for the first time where there was no cable TV. It has an antenna but the TV kept telling me it was not connected. I studied the Jayco owners' manual and the Winegard antenna manual. The only thing I could figure out was that there was no power to it, but nothing showed how to get power to it. I could have called Jayco, but it was nice not having to try to escape the gawd awful TV shows SWMBO watches.

After being home a day or so I found a video that shows that there is a small button you have to push next to the cable plate on the wall. You can't see it when the cable is plugged in. So now the TV works with the antenna but it sure was nice not having to hear it for the five days we were camping.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

TVs don't supposed to go camping
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    Don't tell the wife about your discovery.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Around here we never get any TV reception where our campgrounds are and we're better off that way. I have a big box set of Cheer's and Andy Griffith and that's all I watch in the evenings if I want to watch some TV. Otherwise I just listen to the radio while we are hanging out around camp. I spend most of my daylight hours out in the boat fishing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    TVs don't supposed to go camping
    Well, I have a tough time claiming to be camping with electricity and running water.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Quote Originally Posted by Olebiker View Post
    Well, I have a tough time claiming to be camping with electricity and running water.
    It's called camping lite I think
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

7. Banned
    I have a portable satellite dish. It’s niiiiice.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Roof top in motion satellite on the diesel pusher, wouldnt trade it for the world. When you roll in w a 42 foot diesel pusher I dont think ANYONE considers it camping anymore anyway.

9. Banned
    Hunting trip in Montana each fall lasts 3 weeks with no TV. I feel so refreshed at the end, I don’t know why I start watching again when I come home.