Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Goby King

St. Croix to announce......

.....next week, they will discontinue the sale of USA rolled sc2, sc3 and sc4 blanks. USA rolled SC5 blanks will be available exclusively through Rodgeeks.

2. Member
    Guess it is time to order then.

Allen

3. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post
    Guess it is time to order then.

Allen
    Too late. Was told no new orders will be accepted and all outstanding orders will be fulfilled. I'm sure any dealers with inventory will be able fill orders til depleted.

4. Member
    What difference does it make if Rodgeeks is the sole supplier as long as the blanks are built to St Croix specs? I saw this coming when they redid their site. Rodgeeks has had a history with St Croix since the Rodgeeks owner started this business. The 2 and 4 mandrels have been in Mexico for awhile and now i suspect the 3 will be also. St Croix will most likely keep the 5 in Park Falls with Rodgeeks as sole distributor for the blanks. I may be wrong but i think the blanks from all of their line up will still be available but through Rodgeeks.

5. Member
    So are rodgeeks blanks scv2 and scv4 blanks only made in mexico?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denraytay View Post
    So are rodgeeks blanks scv2 and scv4 blanks only made in mexico?
    The last i knew was the 2 line up was made in mexico and the 4 line up built in Park Falls but shipped to Rodgeeks for their paint schemes and name while St Croix kept their 4 line up at home. Not sure when or if the 4 line up ever left being built in Park Falls until the forth coming announcement. Got a friend getting in touch with Jason Brunner to hopefully get the whole scoop. Fortunately i have a good inventory of all their blanks i use for crappie fishing. Hate to see it happen but their are other options if they were to go the way of Loomis blanks. Don't think that was the plan but i don't know that for sure.

7. Member
    Too bad they are making the change. Another one bites the dust.

8. Member
    Not surprised it’s a small market and shocked they lasted this long with so much variety they offered sc2-5. They were also very old school in there selection of blanks not offering much over 7’ still love their blanks but wish they offered more in the 7’6 range. I personally don’t like extending builds. I lean more towards rodgeeks anyways. I like the green sc5 but prefer a raw blank
    Nitro z21

9. Member
    so will the cost go down accordingly?
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

10. Goby King
    St. Croix's Highest Performance Blanks Now Available at RODgeeks We are very pleased to announce that RODgeeks now offers St.Croix SC5 blanks.* These blanks are made in the U.S.A. in St. Croix’s Wisconsin factory.* They are shipped to our factory in Mexico where they will be painted to order, just like the rest of the RODgeeks line-up.

The SC5 blanks are St. Croix’s most advanced designs.* They are made with high modulus carbon fiber prepreg that features a carbon veil scrim cloth, and nanotechnology FRS - a Fortified Resin System.* Add in St. Croix’s ART – Advanced Reinforcement Technology, and TET – Taper Enhancement Technology, and it is clear that these are the most advanced blank designs in the world.* These blanks are shockingly light and insanely sensitive, but still have the power and durability demanded by the most discerning anglers.* At prices ranging from $165 to $260, these blanks are an outstanding value.* Click here to see the lineup.
    Key things to know:
    * We are initially offering 21 of the most popular SC5 models. *Let us know what other models you would like to see in the line-up.* As always, we will expand our offerings*with your input.
    * All RODgeeks paint options – 34 colors, 2 tones, clear coats – are offered as options on the St. Croix SC5 blanks.*
    * The RODgeeks C2 Series are St. Croix SC2 designs, and the C4 Series are St. Croix SC4 designs. If you currently build on St. Croix SC2, SC3, or SC4 blanks, you will likely find comparable models in the RODgeeks lineup.* The only difference between the blanks is that the RODgeeks blanks are made in our factory in Mexico.* We use the same materials, tooling, and processes that St. Croix uses to make these blanks in the U.S.A.*
    * Let us know if there are some models we should add to our lineup, SC1 - SC5. *We have been basing all of our product development on customer input for 5 years and we will continue to do so.** *
    We are excited to take our partnership with St. Croix to a new level since it enables us to offer so much more to our customers.
    Thank you for all of your support.
    Bob Penicka
    RODgeeks Buy Now --> Copyright © 2019 RODgeeks, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this because you subscribed to our email distribution. We will use email to announce new products and special offers.

Our mailing address is:
    RODgeeks
    7 Avis Drive
    Unit B
    Latham, NY 12110

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    St. Croix's Highest Performance Blanks Now Available at RODgeeks We are very pleased to announce that RODgeeks now offers St.Croix SC5 blanks.* These blanks are made in the U.S.A. in St. Croix’s Wisconsin factory.* They are shipped to our factory in Mexico where they will be painted to order, just like the rest of the RODgeeks line-up.

The SC5 blanks are St. Croix’s most advanced designs.* They are made with high modulus carbon fiber prepreg that features a carbon veil scrim cloth, and nanotechnology FRS - a Fortified Resin System.* Add in St. Croix’s ART – Advanced Reinforcement Technology, and TET – Taper Enhancement Technology, and it is clear that these are the most advanced blank designs in the world.* These blanks are shockingly light and insanely sensitive, but still have the power and durability demanded by the most discerning anglers.* At prices ranging from $165 to $260, these blanks are an outstanding value.* Click here to see the lineup.
    Key things to know:
    * We are initially offering 21 of the most popular SC5 models. *Let us know what other models you would like to see in the line-up.* As always, we will expand our offerings*with your input.
    * All RODgeeks paint options – 34 colors, 2 tones, clear coats – are offered as options on the St. Croix SC5 blanks.*
    * The RODgeeks C2 Series are St. Croix SC2 designs, and the C4 Series are St. Croix SC4 designs. If you currently build on St. Croix SC2, SC3, or SC4 blanks, you will likely find comparable models in the RODgeeks lineup.* The only difference between the blanks is that the RODgeeks blanks are made in our factory in Mexico.* We use the same materials, tooling, and processes that St. Croix uses to make these blanks in the U.S.A.*
    * Let us know if there are some models we should add to our lineup, SC1 - SC5. *We have been basing all of our product development on customer input for 5 years and we will continue to do so.** *
    We are excited to take our partnership with St. Croix to a new level since it enables us to offer so much more to our customers.
    Thank you for all of your support.
    Bob Penicka
    RODgeeks Buy Now --> Copyright © 2019 RODgeeks, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this because you subscribed to our email distribution. We will use email to announce new products and special offers.

Our mailing address is:
    RODgeeks
    7 Avis Drive
    Unit B
    Latham, NY 12110
    Translation= We are firing people in Wisconsin and hiring El Salvadorian immigrants in Mexico that just got work visa's because of the caravan

Allen

12. Member
    Except for the Made in USA vs. Make in Mexico aspect and the fact that it doesn't seem like they will offer SC3, I don't see the downside for the builder. The C4 and B4 blanks are better than SC3 and are cheaper, a B470MHF is $112 retail, they sell direct and ship for $18 or you can order through GetBit (they just drop ship from RG). I've built on a ton of them and they actually have a couple of my go to blanks (Sglass and the B473MHXS). I've talked to Bob Penicka many times and he is a good guy who knows blanks. You'll also be able to get SC5 quality blanks painted whatever color you want and I have no doubt the cost will be significantly less than what the Croix's went for.

I wish they were all made in the USA too, don't get me wrong. That being said I think that SC3 and below have been made in Mexico for a while, at least since Axiom opened the plant there. I don't see anywhere where it says they won't still be wrapping rods in the US and they'll still obviously be making some blanks there. Probably a minimal reduction in force if any.

13. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I don't see anywhere where it says they won't still be wrapping rods in the US and they'll still obviously be making some blanks there. Probably a minimal reduction in force if any.
    Yea. The sc2, sc3 and sc4 will still be USA made, they're just keeping them all for production rods.

Now we'll be able to get unpainted SCV, which will make more than a few builders happy.

14. Member
    I only build on SCV blanks for myself as the average guy doesn't want to spend the coin for one. Unpainted SCV's has been a wish for me for a long time. The only negative i can think of is if they quit building the SC3 better known as the Avid series. This was the best bang for buck for a first time custom rod buyer in my opinion. I have retired from aggressive sales of custom rods and only build for personal friends, family, and 2 or 3 donation rods a year now. I still like experimenting with other companies blanks now and then. I am a proponent of the Batson brand blanks also and they fill some voids that other companies choose not to address. I would like to see some companies like ALX expand into the lighter and 2 piece blanks for Crappie and Walleye. I do understand their has to be a market for those things to happen though. All in all it is still a good time to be a custom builder.

15. Goby King
    Rodgeeks needs to expand in to the ML realm. They have very few offerings and St Croix had many.

16. Member
    Rodgeeks needs to expand in to the ML realm. They have very few offerings and St Croix had many.
    I agree. Was looking at getting a sciv 6’10” mlxf but rodgeeks doesn’t have those. Anyone know if they will be adding them?

17. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by denraytay View Post
    I agree. Was looking at getting a sciv 6’10” mlxf but rodgeeks doesn’t have those. Anyone know if they will be adding them?
    Just get an unpainted 5s610mlxf. Better blank and no cheesy blue paint job. The best thing to come out of this is the ability to get unpainted SCV.

18. Member
    Just get an unpainted 5s610mlxf. Better blank and no cheesy blue paint job. The best thing to come out of this is the ability to get unpainted SCV.
    What would that be listed as under rodgeeks blanks?

Allen

19. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkin View Post
    What would that be listed as under rodgeeks blanks?

Allen
    https://rodgeeks.com/collections/st-croix-scv-blanks

20. Member
    You mean we can finally get high end St Croix blanks in Non-LGBT colors? I want a SCV DS blank in the old Avid natural finish color.

Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast