MERC pro xs 115 ct

Can you flash this engine and if so what hp gains or performance gains can I expect?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

"Can": Yes, some do this.

Real Gains: Not much, since the 150 is a completely different displacement engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Sorry I don’t currently own said engine just an inquiry as to what engine I should go with on my new boat.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would recommend as close to the USCG Maximum Capacity as is legally permitted. That "25hp itch" is much less expensive to scratch at the time of engine purchase (as compared to down the road).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Agreed, Don. But: 1) $600-$700 is much cheaper than a new motor or rig and 2) we may (do, in my case)
    have our rig hp 'maxed' - and maybe the 'itch' persists.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....