Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Choothim View Post
    I dip Smokey mountain non tobacco non nicotine dip. I quit 3 years ago. Best thing I've ever done
    I just ordered some. Been dipping cope for over 30 years. I really really need to quit.

2. Member
    I have been using the Smokey mountain. Drastically reduced grizzly Wintergreen use already. Hoping to cut it out all together soon. Gonna be hard bc I love to chew tobacco.

3. Member
    If they could come up with some of that fake stuff that tasted like plain ol Copenhagen I would try it but I haven’t tried anything that tastes like it. I can’t even find a cheaper version of snuff that tastes like Copenhagen

4. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    So basically, my original question never got answered. Just a lot of guys saying they need to quit. Thanks guys... lol

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    I would think the peppermint would burn the open cancer sores on your tongue and cheeks ?

Why would anyone want that?

They do this to themselves then when sh*t like this happens the run to the doc/hospital wanting help. Self inflicted damage, and now they run up a big hospital bill, and we wonder why Health insurance is so expensive.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    I just ordered some. Been dipping cope for over 30 years. I really really need to quit.

I've got some CannaDip coming, dipping 'nugs' and them drying it out kinda bunked My headspace, trying different recipes e.g. Turmeric, and which part of the plant to use.

I've been gutting Copenhagen for 36 years now as I don't put anything in My mouth I can't swallow. I quit for 3 years one time and then went to work some O.T. on the weekend night shift, by seeing the same guys show up w/big FAT dips You could put a license plate on, I finally broke down. By the end of the 12 hr. shift, I had to find out the Stop&Rob where they cops paid $2.00/copy..

I finally switched over to Copenhagen™ LongCut because it stays together better while I sleep

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I've got some CannaDip coming, dipping 'nugs' and them drying it out kinda bunked My headspace, trying different recipes e.g. Turmeric, and which part of the plant to use.

I've been gutting Copenhagen for 36 years now as I don't put anything in My mouth I can't swallow. I quit for 3 years one time and then went to work some O.T. on the weekend night shift, by seeing the same guys show up w/big FAT dips You could put a license plate on, I finally broke down. By the end of the 12 hr. shift, I had to find out the Stop&Rob where they cops paid $2.00/copy..

I finally switched over to Copenhagen™ LongCut because it stays together better while I sleep
    Cannadip sounds interesting but until I move I'm sure it's double secret illegal in TN. LOL. Hopefully our legislature will soon see how the winds are moving on cannabis and end the 100 year travesty.

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m sure you bitch about people that smoke getting lung cancer or people that drink getting scirossis of the liver too? Preach elsewhere! I know I need to quit, never had a mouth sore or anything of the sort either. Dipping/chewing doesn’t tax your poor insurance system nearly as much as you think...fast food causes much more problems than dip...overweight people are a drain on everything! 2 cans per day is simply expensive!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I’m sure you bitch about people that smoke getting lung cancer or people that drink getting scirossis of the liver too? Preach elsewhere! I know I need to quit, never had a mouth sore or anything of the sort either. Dipping/chewing doesn’t tax your poor insurance system nearly as much as you think...fast food causes much more problems than dip...overweight people are a drain on everything! 2 cans per day is simply expensive!
    When someone bitches to me about it being gross as they suck down a cigarette I remind them that the people around me cant get cancer from my dip... Usually shuts them up.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Why would anyone want that?

They do this to themselves then when sh*t like this happens the run to the doc/hospital wanting help. Self inflicted damage, and now they run up a big hospital bill, and we wonder why Health insurance is so expensive.
    You're not drinking alcohol while You type this are You? The boozers are costing the $$$

http://fortune.com/2018/09/21/who-al...ally-annually/

https://www.cdc.gov/features/costsofdrinking/index.html

https://talbottcampus.com/alcoholism-statistics/

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    deflects own bad habit onto the bad habits of others .. well done, our true hero

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Nah, Heck my grandpa used to give us Chewing tobacco back when we were kids (Redman & Levi Garrett) I chewed a bit during my early teenage years, just to fit in with the other boys I guess. Never did really like it, and sort of just grew out of it.

Now that I'm older, got a family, and more personal responsibilities, the world is different. Health care will bankrupt a family now, you didn't see that back in the 70's or 80's. It says right on the label, WILL cause Cancer, so much medical evidence proving beyond a doubt its deadly over time. Just can't figure out why folks whom are older and mature enough to understand the dangers don't lay that stuff down. It makes no sense to me.

I quit about 7-8 months ago. Quit cold Turkey although I used some Nico gum to help me for a few weeks and done.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    I quit about 7-8 months ago. Quit cold Turkey although I used some Nico gum to help me for a few weeks and done.
    Congrats on the win.

15. Member
    If you guys are serious about quitting, I would take a look at swedish snus. It is processed diff than american tobacco and is arguably safer. I went to that from long cut grizzly winter green and then quit cold turkey. Yes I miss it but chewing all day and then having one after another at night really took a toll on my sleep patterns.
    1995 Xpress Pro 56
    Suzuki DT150

Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    If they could come up with some of that fake stuff that tasted like plain ol Copenhagen I would try it but I haven’t tried anything that tastes like it. I can’t even find a cheaper version of snuff that tastes like Copenhagen
    Same, you just can't find anything like Cope. I tried a few Smokey Mtn varieties but it didn't stick :(.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Same, you just can't find anything like Cope. I tried a few Smokey Mtn varieties but it didn't stick :(.
    I quit for four years but picked it back up last spring. I never quit craving it because I actually like the taste of it and couldn’t get anything to replace it. I know I need to quit but until I really want to I know I won’t.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12