Thread: Hole Shot Help

Banned

Hole Shot Help

Running 2015 Ranger 520 Comanche Intracoastal (Z520CI) with Evinrude E-Tec 250 (2-Cycle) with V6 Raker H.O., RH, 3 Blade, 14 1/2" dia, 26" pitch. Have four AGM batteries, two Power-Poles and Humminbird 360 in back. Add me (6'5"; 320 lbs) and I'm running a little heavy!

Looking for more hole shot, even at the expense of top-end speed. I'd rather get-up & go quickly even if I'm not hitting 70mph! Know what I mean? If I'm running solo - even with a full tank - the hole shot is barely acceptable (maybe 5 on a scale of 10). But when I add a co-angler, it is downright unacceptable (3/10...maybe!) and that's only if I'm really careful about trimming down/jacking up the engine.

Any suggestions for a better prop solution (or any other solution for that matter)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Are the vents all the way open on your prop? If not open them up all the way and if they are smaller pitch prop is what you need probably a 25" Raker or a 26" Bravo xs

3. Banned
    Thanks mdtritn21. I'll take a look at the VVP.

4. Member
    When most of my fishing was shallow salt water marsh (different 20' bass boat but same problem) and hole shot was the most important part of my prop selection, I never found anything faster that the High 5. The down side was a loss of 6-7 MPH but the hole shot, low speed handling, and rough water performance were great.

5. Banned
    Thanks Cajun Pop

What is the wot rpm at maximum speed
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Banned
    I'll have to check that and get back to you lpugh. It is 5K+ but I don't know how +.

You need the proper pitch prop that will get you right at the rev limit with a light load in cool weather whatever style of prop you choose with the P to P set at the proper height for you application
    Thank You Leon Pugh