Thread: Hydrowave

Hydrowave

I am considering purchasing a new or used hydrowave this year. I would be interested in hearing reviews and experiences using the product. Thank you.

2. Member
    Your going to hear all kinds of stuff on this one!! I would search it and read the other 200 posts about it, but here's my 2 cents. It doesn't make fish jump in the boat of make them turn into 7lbers, but it is a great tool to increase bait fish activity and camouflage trolling motor noise and other sounds. IMO, I would definitely get one. I have had one since they came out on every boat I've had and I can say it has made a difference a few times. The two instances where it's noticeable, to me, is when you know shad are present but not much surface activity. If your in a cove and turn it on, sometimes you instantly see the activity levels pick up considerably, which in turn may get you a few more bites. The other , and best example of it working for me is when flipping thick grass, whether it be mats or just submerged under the water. I have had schools of shad actually stay with my boat for hours at a time and not break up every time I touch the trolling motor. My fishing partner wound up purchasing one after witnessing this after fishing several days together and flipping all day. Without it, I am sure the pods would have scattered and I assume the fish I cant see would react the same.
    The next thing you will ask is what setting to run it on and you will not find a lot of info on that,. Everyone just uses what they have had success with or like the most. I never was able to find much on that subject when I've tried to look. I Typically use feeding frenzy on a delay, or finesse on constant. Hope this helps, its definitely not the color-c-selector , its a legit tool that will help get a few more bites in my opinion.

3. Member
    Buy one. I have had one for 6 years and it will get you fish you would not have caught otherwise. check out the front of the pros boats during the flw or bassmaster shows online. They all have one.
    i find that I catch fish (followers) near the boat that I didnt catch before the HW. You will see a lot of bait activity as well. I believe I can eliminate water with the HW. During the warmer part of the year, if there is no bait activity, you are in dead water.