Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
    Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night."
    Darryl Zanuck, executive at 20th Century Fox, 1946

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

"Almost all of the many predictions now being made about 1996 hinge on the Internet's continuing exponential growth. But I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse."
    Robert Metcalfe, founder of 3Com, 1995

"Apple is already dead."
    Nathan Myhrvold, former Microsoft CTO, 1997

And my personal favorite ...

"Two years from now, spam will be solved."
    Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004

2. Member
    My office is next to one of the Minnesota showrooms and delivery centers. There are multiple carriers delivering loads of cars daily. I would say there are 4 carriers per day dropping off full loads.

I wonder if the people talking bad about them are affiliated with the oil industry? I would love to own one. About time somebody made a decent looking electric car. Never understood why they had to make electric cars ugly. They are a ton of them around here too.

Never seen one, but I do live in the sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    How long do they take to charge?? I see Tesla recharge stations popping up in some of the Department store parking lots around here along major highways..(Meijers)
    I don't recall for sure but think it's an hour or so on the super chargers. I know they have some set up on Highway 59 headed northeast from here, near Lufkin, a popular route from this area. We make that drive every year to go to Tennessee but taking out out of your trip to charge isn't something I'd be thrilled about. I'm not sure what's around the charging stations as far as restaurants, shops, etc. But, it seems everyone that I know that owns one does them.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I wonder if the people talking bad about them are affiliated with the oil industry? I would love to own one. About time somebody made a decent looking electric car. Never understood why they had to make electric cars ugly. They are a ton of them around here too.
    Oil industry is not concerned about EV's, which are still powered by fossil fuels almost everywhere.

Tesla is one of the most shorted stocks on Wall Street. At one point last year, and maybe still today, it is THE most shorted stock. That's not the oil industry doing that. There are plenty of concerns.

But that is not a statement on EV's , as much as its a statement on Tesla.

The success of EV's will be entirely dependent upon the long awaited, and highly speclulated on, breakthrough in batter technology. That has been predicted for the last 10 years, still has not arrived.

7. Banned
    I love the Tesla cars. High tech, fast, comfortable, and a nice bonus not needing gas. Still, I have zero need for a car, I'll only own and drive a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabassco View Post
    Oil industry is not concerned about EV's, which are still powered by fossil fuels almost everywhere.

Tesla is one of the most shorted stocks on Wall Street. At one point last year, and maybe still today, it is THE most shorted stock. That's not the oil industry doing that. There are plenty of concerns.

But that is not a statement on EV's , as much as its a statement on Tesla.

The success of EV's will be entirely dependent upon the long awaited, and highly speclulated on, breakthrough in batter technology. That has been predicted for the last 10 years, still has not arrived.
    I don’t buy that. No way they are not concerned a little.

9. Member
    Anyone know how much the charging stations cost and how they bill you? How far can they go now without a recharge?

10. Banned
    I don’t buy that. No way they are not concerned a little.
    Biggest selling vehicle in the USA is the Ford F-150. Trucks and SUV's dominate the market so heavily, that Ford is going to quit selling sedans in the USA.

You're hearing anecdotal evidence in this thread that EV's are taking over, that's far from reality. They are a tiny percentage of auto sales , and will continue to be a tiny percentage for some time.

Most Americans can't go to the garage , and act like they're picking a golf club out of the bag, when they choose a car to drive ...... lets see, am I commuting, am I going on a long trip, am I towing the boat, are we gonna need room for more than 4 people ........get the idea.

And electricity will continue to be, and even grow to a larger part, generated by natural gas.

And you guys with bass boats wanting to see EV's become the dominant vehicle, you better be careful what you wish for. It could drive up the cost of your tow vehicle, because unless this great breakthrough in batteries occurs soon, and EV won't tow your boat across town, much less to the lake.

And oil industry future is heavily leveraged to petro chemicals. Its a whole lot more than transportation.

11. Banned
    Never seen one. Live in the boonies, but drive to decent size city in GA every weekend. Flew to Houston last week for a few days...nope, no sightings. Flew to KC last month...again, no sightings. Bigfoot is probably seen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabassco View Post
    Biggest selling vehicle in the USA is the Ford F-150. Trucks and SUV's dominate the market so heavily, that Ford is going to quit selling sedans in the USA.

You're hearing anecdotal evidence in this thread that EV's are taking over, that's far from reality. They are a tiny percentage of auto sales , and will continue to be a tiny percentage for some time.

Most Americans can't go to the garage , and act like they're picking a golf club out of the bag, when they choose a car to drive ...... lets see, am I commuting, am I going on a long trip, am I towing the boat, are we gonna need room for more than 4 people ........get the idea.

And electricity will continue to be, and even grow to a larger part, generated by natural gas.

And you guys with bass boats wanting to see EV's become the dominant vehicle, you better be careful what you wish for. It could drive up the cost of your tow vehicle, because unless this great breakthrough in batteries occurs soon, and EV won't tow your boat across town, much less to the lake.

And oil industry future is heavily leveraged to petro chemicals. Its a whole lot more than transportation.
    i understand that but all I am saying is it has to bother the oil industry some if electric cars become more and more popular as they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    Never seen one. Live in the boonies, but drive to decent size city in GA every weekend. Flew to Houston last week for a few days...nope, no sightings. Flew to KC last month...again, no sightings. Bigfoot is probably seen more often.
    If I drive around Charlotte I probably see at least 20 a day if not more. I see a couple around here everyday.

14. Banned
    i understand that but all I am saying is it has to bother the oil industry some if electric cars become more and more popular as they currently are.
    What really scares the oil industry, if anything at all does, is nuclear electric generation.

Renewables are a joke.

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    If I drive around Charlotte I probably see at least 20 a day if not more. I see a couple around here everyday.
    Multiple everyday in the parking lot at my work, multiple seen driving around almost every day.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

16. Member
    More likely, you've seen one and just didn't realize

17. Banned
    Saw this one over the holidays. Keep the kiddies entertained.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kojimep View Post
    More likely, you've seen one and just didn't realize
    Nope...haven't seen one on the road yet.

19. Member
    The place I work make's parts for all three Tesla models. From the demand I see they are producing around 5,000 cars per week of the newest Model 3. It's my understanding that the charging station doesn't cost anything to recharge. I live in the boonies, approximately half way between Nashville and St. Louis. There is a supercharger near the Interstate right next to restaurants and hotels to help make the trip from city to city.
    '06 Procraft 205 Pro Mercury 225 Optimax

Nope...haven't seen one on the road yet.
    If you have been in any major city you have been around them. I don’t pay much attention to every car I see in the road.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast