Solix G1 vs G2. Anything really worth the upgrade?

I have a 11 hour Solix 15 and a new 12... any breakthrough tech that is a must have or am I good? Details seem vague.... thx

Dan
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

2. Member
    My plan is to upgrade the 2d transducer and leave the rest as is until something with some real processing power comes along.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Pro View Post
    My plan is to upgrade the 2d transducer and leave the rest as is until something with some real processing power comes along.
    That's kind of where my head is at.. and on the 2D end just in front.

4. Member
    While I am not going to sell my G1 there are some improvements. The longer transducer elements both allow a longer effective range and potentially better images. The dual spectrum 2D as mentioned, and WiFi although I have not seen what can be done with the Wi Fi yet. Bob

5. Member
    They have only mentioned the Gen 2 comes with WiFi for future features.

6. Member
    My buddy does software updates to both of his Lowrance Carbon 12 units via WiFi.

7. Member
    Let's hope HB comes up with that. I am sure WiFi addition is in response to the competition. Unless it's at home or Starbucks that would require a phone set up to put out WiFi (hotspot)and a cell signal available. Bob

8. Member
    He does his from his house. Guess you could do it on the road at some resort you were staying at if they had WiFi. Not sure I'd trust the cell signal for this although most of these software updates are usually quite small in size.

9. Member
    Bluetooth: Enable features like wireless software updates from the Humminbird FishSmart App and also keep your phone out of the water and in your pocket by displaying notifications on your Humminbird. Additionally, you can take control of your most-used features with an optional Bluetooth remote

10. Member
    Processing power is really what I want to know. Thx

https://www.technologicalangler.com/new-for-solix-2019

The updated software addresses a relatively common issue in shallow water, in which the digital depth was displayed as a multiple (2x or 3x) of the true depth.