Large swimbait/glide bait

Anyone use them around here?
    Seems like a big investment to try them
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    I would like to try them but afraid of losing something like that and feel as though I don't fish we're fish are big enough to eat them.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    That is where I am at on it too
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    How big are we talking? Big 10-12” huddlestons? Or 5-8”? What are your expectations on catching fish and where are you fishing most the time? There are definitely fish to be caught on swimbaits in this area all depends on how much of a chance you are willing to give them. 8” + swimbaits (in my opinion) you are in the realm of fishing for days, weeks, even months straight with zero fish all for the possibility that when you finally figure out how to get bit, or just get lucky it will most likely be a trophy. I don’t throw these because I’m not just a trophy hunter. Now 5-8” swimbaits are another story. I almost always have a swimbait around this size tied on. Do I throw it constantly? No because I have more confidence in other Baits to catch numbers and good size for tournaments. But I do throw them and have caught some quality fish on them.
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

5. Member
    I have had good results using Keitech fat impacts and RI skinny dippers. Did real well around here a couple years ago but now seems the bass have gotten smart and don't eat them like they did...

6. Member
    yes....fish eat them...as stated above a 6-8 inch bait really isn't that big..you will catch 2/3 pound fish on them along with big ones...get a 6 inch bullshad and send it

7. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jimmy View Post
    I have had good results using Keitech fat impacts and RI skinny dippers. Did real well around here a couple years ago but now seems the bass have gotten smart and don't eat them like they did...
    Completely agree... 2013-2014 I had some AMAZING days on the Chickahominy fishing them alongside a chatterbait.. Since then I don't know what has happened but they just dont seem to eat them like they used to for me.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8