Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

When will MLF start canceling tournaments?

I'm concerned about the MLF. Their season starts in about 10 days but they only have announced a couple of tournaments. Supposedly the season will run through August. I can't imagine any other so-called Major League starting their season in 10 days and not having the schedule complete.

They are apparently still trying to find stage sponsors and still have a ways to go. They better step up their game.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

2. Member

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Yes that is the schedule they hope to fill. But they haven't yet.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

4. Member
    And I'm curious as to where I can read about the "stage sponsor" issues ?

I wonder how they have kept all the locations so quiet. No buzz in the media as of now. First "Big" year, im sure there will be some lessons learned.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Banned
    Wasn't the Jordan tournament one of the 19 season shows. I know they are doing 3 in NC in Feb and March and just did one at Tillery, which is also in NC

7. Member
    i think, but don't know, that they know all the lakes on the schedule but just havent released them yet to the public. I think they want to do it one announcement at a time and make a big PR show of it like they did with the angler announcements.

Plus....three different MLF/BPT pros were spotted on CHickamauga in the past week......almost like they were on a scouting trip.

If they cancel one you'll probably never know about it. Probably the reason for the partial release of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I'm concerned about the MLF.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    If they cancel one you'll probably never know about it. Probably the reason for the partial release of the schedule.
    They've already realeased the schedule dates, just not all the venues. Not sure if this is by design to keep the info gathering from happening and crowds affecting boat traffic or they just haven't contracted with venues yet.

11. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    I wonder if its a marketing strategy...release the locations separately to increase the visibility of each event.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    i think, but don't know, that they know all the lakes on the schedule but just havent released them yet to the public. I think they want to do it one announcement at a time and make a big PR show of it like they did with the angler announcements.

Plus....three different MLF/BPT pros were spotted on CHickamauga in the past week......almost like they were on a scouting trip.
    I'm sure they know. Also, just follow the opens. They will be in close proximity

13. Banned
    Some of the lakes around here require appointments/reservations well in advance. Could be part of the problem for them, not enough lead time???

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Some of the lakes around here require appointments/reservations well in advance. Could be part of the problem for them, not enough lead time???
    What lakes would that be?

15. Banned
    Another MLF thread. Still got ice up there, Helms, m'boy?

16. Member
    They had Wesley Starder on BTL love the other week and said the anglers only know of 3 locations, there’s a 4th one in the works but had yet to have a notice out to say for sure. The biggest hold up is actually getting venues with good cell service who are willing to pay to host the BPT. Since it’s so new, they have no historical data to go off of to make their case of how much economic revenue the tour will actually bring to the towns and cities. I’m sure they’ll fill the schedule but it’ll be last minute press releases
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

17. Member
    I cant imagine this will be an issue, lots of money involved here, wouldnt lose any sleep over BPT tour dates and schedules it will work out just fine.

18. huskyjerk
    It's a brand new venture with a lot of logistical challenges. There will be some hiccups along the way for sure. I think some on here are hoping it's going to flame out but I don't see that happening.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyjerk View Post
    It's a brand new venture with a lot of logistical challenges. There will be some hiccups along the way for sure. I think some on here are hoping it's going to flame out but I don't see that happening.
    And I cannot figure out why there are so many wishing it would fail. If it’s not for you don’t watch it but how anyone could not be at least mildly interested in seeing how it turns out with some of the best anglers in the world fishing it is odd to me. I know there are quite a few that don’t follow professional fishing so I get that but I’m talking about guys that are fans of pro fishing

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    And I cannot figure out why there are so many wishing it would fail. If it’s not for you don’t watch it but how anyone could not be at least mildly interested in seeing how it turns out with some of the best anglers in the world fishing it is odd to me. I know there are quite a few that don’t follow professional fishing so I get that but I’m talking about guys that are fans of pro fishing
    Cause people love to see a good car wreck!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast