Carpet... frustrating.

So I have been in the middle of my recarpet project now for going on 2 weeks. Finally got the pad done. I measured a d ordered my 6' wide carpet . I kept all the pieces like all the videos said for stencils. Last night I went to work cutting. Well open the door to rookie mistakes. I cut the front deck to length with 10" or so extra. The back deck was a breeze sorta... So when you add pad you must also add to the size of you pieces or it'll come up short when you roll it under the lids. Err so I found out. I got to the front deck and because of the lay out of the rod boxes and tackle storage. There is not enough width to cut all these AND leave the 8" piece between the rod box and the gunnel. I growled a bit and thought I'll just buy another 5 feet. Ahhh no they only sell 10' minimum. So it looks like I'll be redoing the carpet on my trailer as well. I am now at 26' of carpet to do my 20' boat excluding the cockpit as I am doing Kiwigrip in the floor there.
    When someone tells you recarpeting isn't a bad project... RUN!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

I done my gambler 3 yrs ago. Yes i didnt pad the decks. But i ordered 30 ft. X8 ft wide carpet piece of cake the hardest part was getting the glue off. Electric scrapper and acetone was a big help.

3. Member
    YEP!
    8' WIDE
    MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE!

I did 2 Gamblers and a friends Skeeter. I think I'll sell my Sterling before it needs carpet!
    LOL