Thread: Element Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    one example: 200ft range, 350khz, copper, gain 51, int 22, scroll 50
    Thanks for the updated images. What is the widest you've been able to run at 1.2Mhz at the shallowest depth? Meaning say 100 ft in 10 ft of water or something like that and still see fish?

2. Member
    About 60ft in 6ft of water.

3. Member
    About 60ft in 6ft of water.
    Nice, I see some from the other gentleman that is about 10 X's. The biggest argument I'm having with the Hummingbird guys is they think the HB is the only one that can go out 9 or 10X and show fish. And of course 1 is a dealer that a lot of people trust who has no experience with the Element.

4. Member
    I dont have the newer Mega+ Humminbird, but I would assume it would see out further than Hypervision.

Let me revise that: Ive found that the Element's images in both 1200khz and 350khz to show actual fish very well. Look at the pics in other posts too.
    Last edited by Chief Brody; 12-21-2019 at 08:44 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Pics from one of our Pro’s on Lake Lanier
    Did you delete your earlier photos?

6. Member
    Yes. Raymarine didn’t value me as a Pro Staff / Marketing Manager, so promoting them isn’t high on my “to do” list.

Not bragging, but I know more about the freshwater market and how the units could succeed in that market than anyone at the company. Unfortunately, I was a corporate downsizing victim, so your best source of information is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by davepjr71 View Post
    Did you delete your earlier photos?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Yes. Raymarine didn’t value me as a Pro Staff / Marketing Manager, so promoting them isn’t high on my “to do” list.

Not bragging, but I know more about the freshwater market and how the units could succeed in that market than anyone at the company. Unfortunately, I was a corporate downsizing victim, so your best source of information is gone.
    So give us some dirt

like, are they getting out of the freshwater market?

8. Member
    No idea what they are doing. Budget cuts in August and my position was eliminated.

One of those “you’ve done a great job and were a great employee, but we’ve eliminated your position” things.

No worries...I landed in a better place, with better perks and much better growth potential...Raymarine’s loss

So give us some dirt

like, are they getting out of the freshwater market?

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Was nice to have someone on here to answer all the questions that would come up.

10. Member
    Curt was very nice to me in getting my axiom setups. Raymarine lost a good brand ambassador.

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    Curt was very nice to me in getting my axiom setups. Raymarine lost a good brand ambassador.

12. Member
    Hi guys,
    sorry to jump in here.

I am very close to pull the trigger on the a 9inch Element with the HV100 transducer for my Hobie PA14.

The picture quality of the demo unit at WestMarine is nowhere near the picture quality that I am seeing here in this thread (which is only slightly behind the Hummingbird, but better than the Lowrance Elite and Garmin echMap). Is it fair to expect such images with the HV100 or am I expecting too much?

Thanks and Cheers,
    Seb.

13. Member
    Its fair, but you might have to adjust things manually to get it.

I never go with Auto on any of my units, but some people seem to be satisfied with what auto settings show.

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The display also want have the latest updates etc. Who knows what kids have played with the unit and setting also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234