Raymarine versus lowrance and humminbird

I'm in the market for a new sonar/ GPS unit for the console. I only have experience with lowrance and hummingbird. I would like some feedback from fishermen who have actually used those other brands and think raymarine is better.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    CS is top notch with Raymarine. Service work is quick had 2 units to send back and had them within a week. They will service units 10 years after last production date.

lowrance had to send one or the other back every other year, only would up grade me, never fixed a single unit!!

Raymarine is very good at up grading the units so you don’t have to buy new units every other year.

3. Member
    Can only speak of the Element.
    Quality-feeling unit. One transducer that includes 3D imaging. Almost Mega-quality side and downscan on 1200khz Hypervision. Can switch to 350khz for more range. Excellent 2d.

4. Member
    Interested in this as well. Is the Element's Hypervision on the same level as the Hummingbird's? Based on other threads the Element's image quality dont look quite as good as the Hummingbird but better than Lowrance and Garmin.

5. Member
    Its close to Mega images, but probably wont match the newer Mega Plus's range.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Its close to Mega images, but probably wont match the newer Mega Plus's range.
    Thanks for the reply!

Range is not so important, since I am planning to run it from a kayak! Detail is important though and if the pic quality is close enough to the bird I am happy to trade a bit off on this side to get better build quality, UX and 3d scan.

:)