Thread: Element Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The bridge should have trees. For some reason the Raymarine is not showing them. You’re correct though. That’s not the same bridge.
    Last edited by InternationalMarine Brian; 01-25-2019 at 05:43 AM.

2. Member
    The Raymarine isn’t showing trees because there aren’t any trees - it’s not the same bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    The bridge should have trees. For some reason the Raymarine is not showing them. You’re correct though. That’s not the same bridge.

Yes I agreed that those are not the same bridge.

The lanier bridge does have trees that are not shown in the Raymarine image.

4. Member
    So there is only one bridge in Lake Lanier? I’m just curious how you know exactly which bridge it is. With the level of detail we are getting with hyper vision I would be shocked if there is a tree that we are not picking up. Again I’m just curious when guys make comments that a Raymarine unit is not showing a tree or a rock or something when the person making the comment has no idea where the image actually came from and therefore has no idea what is actually near the bridge or whatever was posted.

Also we have several units deployed around the country and I made an assumption that it was Lake Lanier because I know we have one pro that’s done some extensive testing there. I guess I don’t know that for a fact which lake - makes it even more interesting that you have picked up on a tree that should be in the picture when in fact no one on BBC knows what bridge or lake it really is.

5. Member
    I’ll take the blame for posting my assumption that the image was from Lake Lanier. Again maybe it is maybe it isn’t. My point is that I’m absolutely baffled that someone would come on here and say that we missed a tree next to a bridge when they have no idea what body of water the picture was taken from.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    You are going to have three different views of the same bridge by making a pass to the left of it, to the right of it, and right down the middle of the bridge. Something on the left, right will show in one view and maybe not in the other passes.

So in order to comepare views even from the same unit you need the same track across an item. Even with a strong x-wind over the same item it will view differently as the transducer will be our left or right of the object and scanning slightly different area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    I’ll take the blame for posting my assumption that the image was from Lake Lanier. Again maybe it is maybe it isn’t. My point is that I’m absolutely baffled that someone would come on here and say that we missed a tree next to a bridge when they have no idea what body of water the picture was taken from.
    No idea?

Pics from one of our Pro’s on Lake Lanier
    Last edited by InternationalMarine Brian; 01-25-2019 at 05:12 PM.

The image that I posted is not the same bridge. I said "Look Familiar"..Didn't mean to start a Pizzing contest..I just like to see images from all brands and posted this image because of the similarity to the Raymarine image..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Naw it’s all good!

10. Member
    Post #21, International posted “The bridge should have trees. For some reason the Raymarine is not showing them. You’re correct though. That’s not the same bridge.”

That’s a pretty clear knock that Raymarine isn’t showing something. Truth is, he has no idea where the Raymarine image was taken and saying that there are trees that Raymarine isn’t picking up is a 100% lie.

I don’t have have any problem with RoyT and Donnie asking for images. I do take exception when guys lie and make up things regarding images that I post. If that makes you want to run from Raymarine, so be it.

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Some guy named Troy asked me to post these for you all.

I am not here for a debate, probably for comparison is why he asked me.

The new Ray images do look good, and the competition will only improve all brands overall!

Anyways - enjoy.

RAS

12. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Notice on the side view how the trees show up on one side and not the other. That’s from the same transducer, one side picking up the trees, the other not.
    So it goes to show how from two different units in two different boats over the same object you’ll get different images.

Give Troyboy our best wishes!!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 01-26-2019 at 11:50 AM.

13. Member
    Robert, is the headunit Element? Thanks

14. Member
    No, it’s Humminbird. TroyBoy is banned on BBC, so he has other guys posting H’bird on the Raymarine forum for him.

It looks like the first one is actually Garmin. Maybe you confused the guy.

??? Do you have any for comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Notice on the side view how the trees show up on one side and not the other. That’s from the same transducer, one side picking up the trees, the other not.
    So it goes to show how from two different units in two different boats over the same object you’ll get different images.

Give Troyboy our best wishes!!
    True for side imaging. The image in question is a down shot.

True for down if you fit the edge of the cone!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 01-26-2019 at 08:55 PM.

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    It looks like the first one is actually Garmin. Maybe you confused the guy.
    Troy was all Garmin up till a few years back now he is was pretty much all bird!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 01-26-2019 at 08:54 PM.

18. Member
    Guys if try to compare the two images in post #20 they are without a doubt two different bridges.
    The trees have nothing to do with it.
    One picture is of two Truss bridges and the other is a Truss and a Pony Truss.

We already established that. The poster even admitted it was a different bridge. The bridge in post 31 is the same and they all show the trees.

20. Member
    We already established that. The poster even admitted it was a different bridge. The bridge in post 31 is the same and they all show the trees.
    Relax a little

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast