Where to mount Livescope in Z520C?

I have the unit and I also purchased the transducer extension. How is everyone running their cables? Where you hooking up to the battery?

2. Member
    Box in bow , zip tied to rod tubes. wired to panel up front . Tied into accessory switch in Front touch panel. I already had a hole cut with a wire run in tru covered with a plastic cover. Ran wires tru same hole. Had to enlarge it a little
    Last edited by munchie; 01-17-2019 at 08:55 PM.

3. Member
    I am not in a 520c but am in a z520. I would not recommend putting the GLS10 box in the bow behind the front panel on either model. I have had some issues with the my GLS 10 box detecting the livescope transducer and have had to disconnect and then reconnect the transducer cable to the box several times. a simple fix for a simple problem but If you have this or any other problem with your live scope and it is behind the front panel, that is not an never an easy or simple place to trouble shoot while on the water. You cannot see the led light on the box to know what it's status is when it is mounted in the bow. I mounted mine in the middle front rod / tackle box and used one of the rod tubes to run the wires required to go to the GLS10. The transducer cable connector is 30mm in diameter and requires quite a large conduit to fish it anywhere, and the rod tubes are large enough for this. With this location you can easily get to the box for simple troubleshooting and possible fixes.
    " If you are going to be stupid, you have got to be tough!"

4. Member
    I just mounted mine yesterday in my Z185. I mounted the black box in the right side storage compartment. There is a tube that runs from behind the bow panel to the starboard running light. Removed the starboard light and you can access this tube. I had to remove a few inches of foam insulation from inside the compartment to get to the tube there. The tube was just large enough to run the livescope transducer plug, but I had to pull the running light wire out, then run it back afterwards. The network cable was JUST long enough. Took a while, but I am happy with the installation now, box is easy to access without having to remove the front panel.

2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons