2019 Ranger RT188

I agreed to purchase a 2019 RT188 today and will pick it up tomorrow. Ranger website says the differences between 18 and 19 are updated console, upholstery, and badging. I have read that the 18s and earlier will accept a 7 inch flush mount graph. I saw a video stating the 2019 models will now accept a 9 inch flush mount. Is that true?

Also, Ranger said they build the trailer in house, but the picture of mine shows it is an EZ Loader trailer?? it says 'Ranger Trail" on it though.. anyone heard of this? Thanks

2. Member
    The 2019 will hold up to a 12 inch graph in the console. My 2018 Rt178 trailer is made by EZ-loader. I think the 2019 are still built by them also.

3. Member
    Thank you for your response. The dealer sent me pictures of the boat he says is a 2019, but they paint the bottoms on the 19 models and the one he sent me a picture of is bare.. with the 2018 console. not sure if he sent the wrong boat, or is confused on the year model--but for sure the picture is of an 18 model. Looks like an early phone call in the morning before i head to pick it up. Not a biggie tho, i think natural aluminium may show less scratches.. but who knows.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by britej View Post
    Thank you for your response. The dealer sent me pictures of the boat he says is a 2019, but they paint the bottoms on the 19 models and the one he sent me a picture of is bare.. with the 2018 console. not sure if he sent the wrong boat, or is confused on the year model--but for sure the picture is of an 18 model. Looks like an early phone call in the morning before i head to pick it up. Not a biggie tho, i think natural aluminium may show less scratches.. but who knows.
    If you paid for the 2019 that's what you should get. I would think if it was a 2018 it would be somewhat of a big discount. I would want the 2019 model if it were me just for the fact I can put up to a 12 inch graph in the console and the new colors and seat patterns look cool. Congrats on your new boat, i like mine a lot.

Ranger out sourced the trailers for Aluminum series boats made in Flippin to EZ Loader in early 2018. I replaced my 2014 trailer in May 2018 and got one of the first EZ-Loaders. These are made to Ranger specs, but they have some design improvements, most notably a more robust winch stand and LED lights as standard.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    Yes, I agree about the 19 model... it is a good discount though. 24v Maxxum- pro xs 115 with hyd steering and stainless prop (i think thats standard on that motor though), single console, hook 5 in console- auto bilge- boat buckles.. 6x3 charger.. he is selling it for $23,200 brand new.-- that comes with the $570 ranger top, upgraded aluminium wheels and $100 ranger gift card, as per Rangers current incentive.

I have a message in to the salesman now.

7. Member
    He just sent me a message that it is a 2019 model, but built before the changes took effect and the price increase happened. a 19 with the changes would be much more... so, ill take a '2019' thats really a 2018 LOL for that price.

8. Member
    congrats on the new boat and nice deal
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

9. Member
    Thats good about the trailer. LED lights are a good upgrade. I just need to get some steps now so i can launch by myself with ease. Im old and pulled my back pouring a cup a milk the other day--lol.

10. Member
    Just got my 2019 and Ranger can keep the painted hull, dumb !!. The New Council is nice and it will take a 12 in dash. The older council of the 18s is much stronger. If your looking to mount dual units on it only Bass Boat technologies will work without a little engineering of your own. The seats in the 2018 are more comfortable. I like my 2019 but the changes didn't do much for it in my opinion.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

11. Member
    I did look at the updated 19s while i was picking my boat up. I do like the way the painted bottom looks, but like you, i also feel it will show stump scuffs.. especially the red that I got. My trailer did not come with LED lights (at least I dont think they are- and the walk thru guy said they were not), bummer...

I LOVE the way the seats feel, very comfortable. Bayou Outdoors in Bossier City LA did an awesome job with the walk thru and explaining how everything works. I was impressed, but I have never bought a new boat before. They gave me a better transom saver, put me an extra rod strap up front and a cover for my spare tire, all free. Detailed it out really nice-- but of course it rained on me the whole way home, sometimes a very hard rain.. and none of my storage boxes got wet... that's good.

12. Member
    You will enjoy it and congrats
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

13. Member
    I own a 2019 RT188. Yes the console was redesigned and will flush mount a HDS 12 or Helix 10. As to the painted bottom, personally it is a pain in the rear. The hull seems to stick to the runners and does not want to slide off. I have to walk mine off the runners a good ways. Thinking about putting nylon pads on the runners to help. Skeeterbait did this mod to his trailor. The 2019 trailers are all LCD lights. I would run your serial numbers by Ranger a verify all of your year models for engine, hull, and trailer.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

14. Member
    Yes, I mispoke on trailer lights. After seeing them on at night, they are indeed LED-

I took today and yesterday to break in my motor. Got in whitecaps today-- very windy here in North East Texas. The boat did fine, Got a little wet, but I felt safe.. even the big glass boats were slowing down pretty slow.

Very comfortable boat to fish out of (once i found some coves and wind breaks). My recirc doesnt shut off my livewell.. should be an easy fix. The seat bases do get lose easy-going to teflon tape the threads, and I had to adjust the trolling motor steering cables- when deploying, they hit the motor trim a few times and had the motor horizontal before I realized it.

I love pretty much everything about the boat other than the motor rigging takes up a lot of room on the back deck. Not sure what I can do with that, probably nothing unless a Jackplate. but my rigging even makes it hard to lift the battery hatch.

15. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Congrats!