Thread: Lake of ozark

Lake of ozark

I will be bring my boat to the lake for 3 days in the middle of June staying with some of my wife's friends at their house on the lake about 7 mile marker . I'm guessing topwater and jigs should be a good choice at that time ? Any suggestions would be helpful.thanks

If over a weekend, Fathers Day weekend, you better bring a 70' yacht or be off the water by 10am.
    Www.thkustoms.com

"Speak softly and carry a Big Stick!"-Theodore Roosevelt
    USN 2002-2008
    NAS Whidbey Island
    USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom

3. Member
    The 7mm is a good area. I would go to Workman's Hollow Cove or the Gravous Arm. Early morning the top water bite isn't a bad start and as the sun comes up you can switch to a spinnerbail ot jig off the docks. June can be a weird time with water temps depending on what type of spring we get. Workman's Hollow has an underwater island that would be about 5' under the water and right off a lot of docks, I've had good luck in all parts of the cove. It has deeper water, long secondary points, and creek beds leading to the main lake. The Gravous Arm (spelling it wrong) would be my second go to. It is off the main lake and still a place you can find bass boats and pontoons in the same dock, not a cruiser or go fast boat in docks. Again it has a lot of points, creek beds, and some old roads and fences underwater. Explore the area, because the arm run north and south. Depending on the sunlight or wind, baitfish can be move around and the sun will warm the lake differently. Good luck and if all else fails, come have a beer with me at the 12mm.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

4. Member
    Thanks for info , I will give it a try