Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisansilver View Post
    Hand laid hulls will have small waves in them, my 2019 Fx21 Le has minor waves.
    Most “wave like” issues come from the lack of time a hull is left in the mold. Hand layin has nothing to do with those types of issues. Hand laying helps reduce the risks of air voids, uses less liquid materials resulting in a lighter stronger hull, allows for use of full sheet materials verses spraying from a gun. There only 2 or 3 bass boats built now that are truly all hand laid and those boats are left in the molds for days. I’m not saying one is better than the other.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

2. Member
    I had a 2014 ZX20. It had the worst fit and finish of ANY boat I have ever had. The sad part is I ordered it exactly like I wanted and was planning on it being my last boat. I ended up trading it for a Basscat Puma.

I looked at probably 8-10 Skeeter boats yesterday at the local dealer. Including one straight off the trailer. I didn't notice any issues with any of them! Now the one off the trailer was absolutely filthy but I didn't find any blemishes in the finish.

4. Member
    They’re a new dealer so I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t have inventory so they had to order something from the factory. I’m not real excited about the new ownership though.

5. Member
    I was at the same show and did not notice an issue with Skeeter boats. I will state I asked a rep at the Smithville Marine some simply questions and he appeared completely lost. After the show I called Smithville Marine and was asking about a 2nd console. The person at the parts department was not impressive at all (in my opinion). After about three days they priced a console that was about 75% higher than another Skeeter dealer. Smithville Marine claimed a console came in parts and would have to be assembled. Labor time was 6 hours to put a console together and install it. Another dealer said 2 hours labor.

If referencing Smithville Marine I personally will not hold much weight on their answer/service. Google Smithville Marine. There has to be a reason they have a rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I’ve had to get my 2016 FX20 repaired 3 times for gel coats bubbles. Every time I found them was after washing there would be small holes in the gel coat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12