Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    From your pic is that a little hole along the black trim piece right above that battery?

2. Member
    I also had this same brand get water intrusion and had to replace the BMS. Also agree water got in thru the voltage display unit. I made sure to seal it inside and out. so far so good.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dang, inside the battery dont looks so good....to the OP, I hope they plan on replacing them/it for you.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    From your pic is that a little hole along the black trim piece right above that battery?
    Which pic are you referring to? If mine, the only hole is the rectangle cutout on the top "lid" for the LCD display.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jthomp47 View Post
    I also had this same brand get water intrusion and had to replace the BMS. Also agree water got in thru the voltage display unit. I made sure to seal it inside and out. so far so good.
    I removed my other battery from the boat and inspected it. There's zero signs of liquid inside. I guess it could have evaporated in theory. I might pop off the LCD display and take a peek. Then seal it up with some silicone.

I havent heard back from the vendor yet. Last they said, let it dry out and test voltage. Unless I'm getting a new battery, I will not repurpose anything from this battery. They've been sitting in whatever and everything is rusted or corroded to shit. I still suspect it's from a cell or 2 that leaked. Depending on what the vendor responses with, I might just tear it down and inspect each cell once I have nothing to lose.

So here are my 2 options when it comes down to it. Either a new replacement battery. Or leaving this experiment behind and going with a new pair of batteries. I already have my eyes on a set of Impulse once they get release. I just dont know if I can wait that long though. Might have to limp it with some old school wet acid.... I still have an old "starting" Pro-Guide group 27 in the garage that's about 2 years old. Pick up another ~$100 group 27 and use it for a couple of months.

6. Member
    its interesting these batteries are lithium ion rather than lithium iron phosphate like the other manufacturers, was there a strong smell when you opened the box? lithium ion has a very distinct smell when ruptured

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brycer View Post
    its interesting these batteries are lithium ion rather than lithium iron phosphate like the other manufacturers, was there a strong smell when you opened the box? lithium ion has a very distinct smell when ruptured
    They are lithium iron phosphate.

It did have a small to it. Almost sweet to me.

Now it smells like a rusted plastic bucket, if that makes sense lol.

8. Member
    Went and ordered 2-100 AH 12 volt with BT batteries from RJ Energy (Carl) the manager took my order. I'll let you know when they arrive. Getting close to 60 days since order now. I am planning on a new Charger from NOCO 10X3 Pro model with a lithium profile.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

9. Member
    Update. GSL is replacing the battery. Stated they've started production and will ship it ASAP.

10. Member
    Not for my boat, but I'm considering trying a Chinese 24v 200ah unit from CHINS to replace a 430ah wet battery set at the cabin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...PFWRERMB&psc=1
    2018 Ranger 1880 MS
    200 Verado L4
    Solix 12 SI G1
    XNT 14 HWT dual spectrum 2D on Y cable
    Ulterra 112 Ipilot Link
    AS GPS HS
    Ionic lithium batteries 3)100 1)125 installed 6/20
    MK460PC on board charger
    Stealth 1 DC lithium so-so about 6 amps per battery

11. Member
    Just got word today battery is assembled an ready to be shipped. IIRC last time, took a little over a week once it got picked up.

12. Member
    Received my 2 batteries and all is good. The blue tooth app works good but needs to be within 30 feet of the boat to connect to both batteries. Ran the batteries/TM for 2 outings and batteries still at 83%. Love the reduced weight, my 245 lbs. now makes it list to starboard when sitting still now. LOL

Also, half the price of the other guys (delivered to my door).

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

13. Member
    Welp, I'm still waiting for the battery to be shipped. Supposely "Shenzhen Customs has promulgated a new policy on dangerous goods for batteries in the past two days that all exported lithium batteries must have a dangerous package certificate." They are in the process of getting this certificate and will ship when that happens.

14. Member
    I have seen that sticker on several batteries I have been shipped in the past few months. Even some lithium button batteries. Says something about not shipping on passenger flights. Even though they came shipped from US dealers. Hopefully it won't be a long wait. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

15. Member
    Finally got the battery in my hands. Delay shipping by the vendor. Then delayed shipping by FedEx. It was suppose to be here on Mon according to FedEx, once it got into the country in CA. At first I thought they lost it since there wasn't any update until last night when it finally arrived at a hub close by.

Looks the same except for the missing LCD. I've added some marine silicone along the edges of the top. I also sealed up my original battery at the same area and on the LCD.

It's charging up right now. Don't know what percent capacity at the moment but my NOCO is showing the flashing green light, so it's close to being full.

16. Member
    So I also ordered directly from RJ Energy (Carl). Paid $1600 for 3 100 aHr storage batteries with Bluetooth for my 36v Ghost, and one 100 aHr starting battery; delivered to my door. Was pretty worried about this deal from the start, but now glad I did it. I figured all the batteries are essentially from China, so I went with a company that has made them for many years particularly for the solar energy industry.

The BMS is different in the starting batteries from the storage batteries, so realize that and order the correct battery. I probably should have ordered a larger starting battery, but so far the 100 aHr is lasting all day with my 225HO Etec, aerators running, GoPro on a YoloTek pole, phone plugged into my HDS, and HDS LIVE 16's with Active Target and 3D Structure Scan all running. The starting batteries do not have bluetooth capability. Instead, they have a digital LED voltage gauge built-in, and a switch to turn the gauge on or off. Also the starting battery has standard lug posts so you will have to buy a post adapter (easily done at an auto parts store cheap). The storage batteries have bluetooth, and bolt posts.

Currently using my old Stealth 1 charger, but have a new Stealth 1 Charger on its way to me with a Lithium profile.

These batteries are working great so far, although I have not had them in rough water conditions yet to see how they hold up.

Wish we made lithium batteries in the US, but we don't.
    ciao,
    Marc

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567