Charging Lithiums Question

I have to keep my boat in storage near the lake. I have power, so I normally plug it in after the fishing trip and stays on the charger until I take the boat back out. With lithiums, they say to just charge it for a few hours before you go out. I am assuming I would need a charger than I can activate from my phone. So, blue tooth? Anyone have an answer for this? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Got a neighbor that could plug it in the night before? Or someone at the storage facility that could do it?

Since I keep my boat at home not an issue for me, just have to remember to plug it in. And I have forgotten to plug it in, my relions still had plenty of juice for the day.

3. Member
    Nope, it is a secured storage area with a keypad. I hate not having my boat at home LOL

4. Member
    I had to get it the night before when mine was in storage. Usually picked it up right before dark to limit the exposure sitting in town, outside.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I get mine the night before since she can’t stay at home. Lithium’s don’t like to be stored at 100% capacity. Charge them the night before. Or, make 2 trips if it’s not distance prohibitive.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    Is a timer an option for you?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Is a timer an option for you?
    along the same lines as a timer but more "on demand" ability....

You could consider getting a prepaid cellular hotspot (always plugged into an outlet or at a minimum set to charge when the outlet is turned on) and using a wifi enabled wall plug. The mobile hotspot should be under an $80 initial investment and under $20/month. It would allow you to remotely turn the switch on or off from anywhere. I use a similar setup at my house. I used one to control my christmas lights and also use one on the outlet my battery charger is plugged into. I got mine from HomeDepot a few years back. Eco Plug i believe is the brand name.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6