Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Older Members (more Aged) Remember the Concorde SST? Who can tell Us...

What this other object is? Probably a kid flying on the Concorde w/a flashlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=H78UPMhkBi4

Segue: History™ Channel is now airing "Project: Blue Book" re: UFOs. Stars "Little Finger" from "Game Of Thrones" fame.

That appeared to be external of the aircraft......

Spanky

I took my daughter fishing in a city pond when she was little. I kept hearing this high pitch whistle, I finally saw it the Concorde. It was in rotation to land at Eppley ( Omaha). Willie Theisen bought 98 tickets to fly his friends and hisself to Europe.

https://www.nytimes.com/1986/12/29/b...-charters.html
    Last edited by Bassman Ia.; 01-17-2019 at 07:32 AM.

4. Member
    20 planes built but aside from the horrible crash of Flight 4590 the fuel price increases of the early 2000's made them impractical. I stood off the approach end of a runway once when a Concorde landed, after it had passed and touched down the air turbulence made the air around me snap, whistle and pop for about three minutes. You wouldn't want to follow one of those in a light aircraft.

5. Member
    SAW several of them taking off and landing

Loved watching them open up and rotate
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

6. Member
    Man, I remember the Concorde fairly well. I believe it was twice a day, every day that we had a shot at seeing it on departure and final approach (depending on weather). We never paid a lot of attention to the other aircraft coming and going, but the Concorde, yeah, that was different.
    As for the other object, who knows, but it does appear to be external to the aircraft as Spanky said.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

7. Member
    Reflection from swamp gas and the sun.

8. Member
    Am watching Project Blue Book and so far it's been good. Concord had to drop that nose on take off and landing. Cool plane

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I remember the Concorde they have one at the Boeing Museum near Seattle..... I recall hearing about a celebrity who would book a round trip flight from NY on the same day just to have his hair cut and styled with his favorite stylist in Europe.

Sure appreciate you asking the Older BBCers to comment anybody have any questions about the Wright Bros?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I remember the Concorde they have one at the Boeing Museum near Seattle..... I recall hearing about a celebrity who would book a round trip flight from NY on the same day just to have his hair cut and styled with his favorite stylist in Europe.

Sure appreciate you asking the Older BBCers to comment anybody have any questions about the Wright Bros?
    Yeah, I remember them getting in to a fist fight over who was going to be the pilot on the first try. Do you still remember?

Back in the ‘70s when I followed Formula 1 racing closely, I recall Mario Andretti flying the Concorde to and from Europe regularly to a race or to England for testing new Lotus car designs.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

you made a funny!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

13. Member

Sure appreciate you asking the Older BBC ers to comment anybody have any questions about the Wright Bros?
    I remember Wilbur sending a letter to his father asking for a loan to help them complete their new bicycle design.

"Dear Dad, we're almost finished with the new design, but right now we are running into problems keeping the damn thing on the ground. Send money." love, Wilbur

14. Member
    Object...Obviously, a Drone. Ha ha

Whole family went to Dulles to watch the first one fly in.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

16. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    An older friend of mine long since dead was given his Class C pilots license by Wilbur Wright. Pretty cool.
    I saw the Concord a lot back when it was operational. Really neat plane.
    It never could carry enough passengers to make it commercially viable though so it was doomed to failure.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Am watching Project Blue Book and so far it's been good. Concord had to drop that nose on take off and landing. Cool plane
    I started the 1st episode - got about 75% thru it, and paused it to go do something. Just realized I never went back. Seemed like it was moving slow, and something about it just didn't keep me interested in the investigation.

Somewhere subconsciously it probably doesn't help that Aiden Gillen has played a dickwad in just about everything I've watched him in but this.

18. Banned
    The real Dr. Hynek

I saw one take off from Kennedy

20. Member
    I saw one come into Bluegrass Airport in the 80's. Was working on the buildings exterior and they shut us down for it to come in. Also had to stop when they took off. I went to the observation area to see it leave. It truly was a sight to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast