Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator

Lowrance elite 9 ti2 vs hds carbon 9

Hey guys, currently shopping for some new graphs. I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the elite 9 ti2 vs the hds carbon 9 . What do you like about your respective unit? Is the hds truly worth the extra 700-800 dollars? Any input at all is greatly appreciated thanks!
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

2. Member
    Screen resolution is one. Carbon is 1280w x 800v. The Ti2 is 800W x 480v pixels. Carbon is ethernet compatible and the Ti is wireless. Ti2 does come with a AI transducer and one would have to purchase one with the carbon. Personally, I would go the carbon route.

3. Member
    If you can locate a store with both on display (long shot perhaps), view them side by side to see for yourself. Most reviews on the Ti2 9s have been pretty favorable. How many units do you plan on running? If just two, the Ti2s will network wirelessly, which may be a benefit to you. I would go with the Carbons myself.

4. Member
    HDS Carbon, really no contest there.
    Better screen resolution
    Better screen, more light, viewable from an agle, viewable with polaroids
    Better touch
    Better buttons, full set.
    Better networking.
    More options on transducers

5. Member
    I've got a ti2, 2 Carbons, and several others, HDS's, Hooks etc.....the Carbons are head and tails better, no comparison. In fact, I couldn't see much, if any, difference between the Live units and Carbons when it came to image quality (I'm sure there is on paper). However, I'm hardly an expert...