Power plant lakes?

Are there any power plant lakes in Ohio?
    Got one here in Indiana, but it's mediocre at best.
    Quite a few in Illiinois, been there a few times.
    Thx

2. Banned
    None in Ohio that I know of... Dan

3. Member
    I use to live in Findlay and before that Lancaster. I moved for work to Texas in 2002 for Marathon Oil. . Was introduced to Fayette County Power Plant lake in 2003. 30 to 40 fish days are not uncommon and most of the time expected. Been rated in the top 100 bass fishing lakes several times. Even when the surface temp gets in to the upper 90's during the summer. I did not move back to Ohio when I retired. Fishing is just to good here in Texas.

4. Member
    Tromanoski smart man

5. Member
    Rude150-I grew up in Illinois and used to fish Braidwood, Heidieke, Powerton, LaSalle, Lake of Egypt and Clinton all the time. While I haven’t fished any of those lakes in 15+ years, I am pretty sure that several have been decommissioned and aren’t active plants - meaning no warm water. Just check before you go if you end up heading to Illinois. And the fisheries have changed quite a bit too. Used to be awesome smallie fishing in Heidieke, Powerton, and LaSalle but not so sure any more. You can get annual fishery reports via this link: https://www.ifishillinois.org/profiles/selector.php
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559