X19 vs hd20 hull

Hey guys I have a question for y’all I’m in the market for a multipurpose boat. One I can carry my son in some high school tournaments but also take to the coast and handle decent chop and not get beat up. I’ve found 2 boats for around the same money and condition wise exceptionally clean. The x19 is a 2007 and the hd20 is a 13 both have 150’s so for what I’ve described which would be my best option as I have no prior experience with the express hulls? I have a rxjt872 seaark 115/80 jet currently and it’s awesome for my rivers but it’s not designed to run choppy bays as you know jets cavitate and the 3* deadrise hull breaks my back. So I’m looking to add another boat to accomplish the above question. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    I have a 2011 HD18. If this is the same hull as the HD20, which I believe it is, the X19 will be a better performing hull as they have a pad hull vs the HD which is more of a flat boat style hull I like to call it. Unless you are referencing an H20 style?? That would be similar to an X19 hull from my understanding. You said HD in the post so I assume you do mean that. Any pics of it? The HD are nice rigs though. Hard to find. I have only ever seen a couple for sale. Mine has a 96’’ beam. Can fish tourney if want, get a couple kids in it no problem. Great boat for where I primarily fish, Mississippi River. Id go with the X19 though since you have the Seaark. They ride very nice. Now if you want to step up the ride a bit more get into an X21...won’t regret a 19 or 21 all said and done.
    Last edited by RyanJ; 01-17-2019 at 06:27 PM.