Thread: Spider Rigging

Spider Rigging

I am working on converting a 20' pontoon boat into crappie fishing rig. I will fish over brush piles, and plan to spider rig. I have never set up or attempted to spider rig. I would like suggestions on setting up. I purchased a couple of poles to hold 4 jig poles each and seat pedestals base plates. I need help in locating the location to mount the pole base plates, as well as the seat base plates. Ex. pole base plate 16" from front corners, etc. Seat base plates 28" from side and front of deck, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    KajunK

2. Member
    Sorry I can't help you. There may be a couple of folks here that spider rig but if you really want the scoop on all that you'd be better served asking over on the forums at www.crappie.com. There's plenty of guys over there running those setups.

Plenty of good videos, forums, and articles out on the net on spider-rigging. Start searching and see how others have done it. Don't forget the long landing net and a way to secure those long rods while running across the lake.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."