Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    What is googans?

Young kids/adults that are getting rich from YouTube.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Hahaha yep

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Yep and again I'm not bashing them for what they are doing, just not my thing and only my opinion. Probably a sign of things to come but I hope not. There are youtube guys out there posting great videos without all the selling/ hype stuff. To each his own and I guess it's a good thing we have more choices than ever.

Dale Sinclair original

4. Member
    MARKETING TO THE NEXT GENERATION.

Sounds a little more about money than actualy fishing?

I really don't have any issues with people trying to make a buck. I don't care for Favorite rods but I have no problem with them. However the glitter and names may appeal to he kids. Others may actually like them and think they are great.

On baits I'm a little smarter. No matter how many times you reinvent the same thing and give it a cool package and new name the game does not change. But again cool packaging and marketing can sell anyhing. After all its about the money and so far they are doing well.

Hey I wish them all the best, even if their products are not for me.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Rob AKA "Lunkers tv" has his own designed and branded rod from favorite .. it has got to be the ugliest rod I have ever seen ..not that im surprised from him.. Used to like a few of the individual videos before they became the googans. Not a googan fan and he is my least favorite. But with over a million subscribers he making @ 40 to 50k a month or more so hes laughing all the way to the bank.. my nephew watches and says you can see many videos showing off his new mansion being built and his brand new skeeter..brag brag brag..hes the "younger generation" and cant stand Rob either. I appreciate his service to our country but thats where it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Thats funny, I just bookmarked that rod to buy it next big TackleWhorehouse™ Sale... A little Coconut oil on that cork and it'll be "Game On"...

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Favo...age-FAVWB.html
    The only way I knew about them is because a local tackle store carries them and I have 6 of them. They put fish in the boat as well as any. I've had a little issue with the guide insert popping out but no biggie. Expect the action to be lighter than most rods of the same action. M/H will be more like M and so on. I love the 7' 3" M/H for chatterbaits. The 7'er makes a great topwater and jerkbait rod.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Look up my Favorite Rods post. A lot of good info there, ignore basscat21's assumption.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Yep and again I'm not bashing them for what they are doing, just not my thing and only my opinion. Probably a sign of things to come but I hope not. There are youtube guys out there posting great videos without all the selling/ hype stuff. To each his own and I guess it's a good thing we have more choices than ever.

I agree, at first I thought they were ridiculous. Then when a person really looks at what they are accomplishing, they are raking it in on an untouched market. Us old geezers are pretty much set in our house ways, we aren’t influenced by others, these Googs have their little flocks of sheep following. Genius little turds I tell ya’.

9. Banned
    I agree, at first I thought they were ridiculous. Then when a person really looks at what they are accomplishing, they are taking it in on a untouched market. Us old geezers are pretty much set in our house ways, we aren’t influenced by others, therefore these kids have their little flocks of sheep following. Genius little turds I tell ya’.
    Meh,not the true tru elites. Sure they own the market but the new tuir is bout to change that.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Meh,not the true tru elites. Sure they own the market but the new tuir is bout to change that.

Lol, we all know that Duckett will stroke before he lets the Googans in his playpen.

I don’t mean the Googans fishing ability either, I’m just talking about their $$$$$$ making ability.

11. Banned
    Lol, we all know that Duckett will stroke before he lets the Googans in his playpen.

I don’t mean the Googans fishing ability either, I’m just talking about their $$$$$$ making ability.
    Is he gonna boot Andy and Zach or just choke them out slowly?

12. Member
    Andy Morgan is with Lew’s / Strike King now

13. Banned
    And I can be like a guy who tries to equate a Honda Shadow by saying "It's just like a Harley™..." "This is just like a Duckett™..."

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Duck View Post
    Andy Morgan is with Lew’s / Strike King now
    Lews reels or Lews rods and reels? Sorry but Andy hasn't been getting much attention lately

15. Banned
    I asked Mr. Daniels about that and am awaiting a reply..

MJD: "There will always be haters. I Love them ..."

16. Banned
    MJD: "There will always be haters. I Love them ..."
    Do you care to ask him which he would recommend to his fans? Maybe give the positives and negatives of both without canned responses?

17. Member
    I listened to the 70 plus year old president of Georgia TBF tell the Georgia State team that he couldn’t get any sponsorship money or product from retailers anymore. It was 2 weeks after I had ran my son around to 3 local tackle shops and gotten several checks, discount deals, and bags of baits to give the local high school club.

The target market right now is: 1. Kids of parents that make $100,000 plus a year and like to fish
    2. Men who fish and make over $100,000 per year spending over $10k on their hobby
    Last: Dudes who are fishing out of a pack of Zoom worms they bought in 1994

Depending in which group you look like, you may or may not understand the Googans!
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    What do these guys do with their hoard of prior sponsor rods & reels? In Scott's case, dump them in the rim canal at Clewiston?
    And then find them later while filming a show and talk about how good his electronics are.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

19. Member
    He is his fathers son, I heard he's bringing the helicopter lure back as a Googan bait.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Completely unrelated. A few years ago at the classic, one of the Abu anglers had an old rod of his that was his go to stick, and just spray painted it white so it wouldn't stick out on camera.
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast